Author Topic: New Owner Of A NEC PC-ENGINE, a few questions  (Read 519 times)

ApolloBoy

Re: New Owner Of A NEC PC-ENGINE, a few questions
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 11:00:30 PM »

The exact specs on the Power Supply are as follows:

INPUT: AC100V 50/60Hz 25VA
OUTPUT: DC9V 1450mA

Not sure how things work there in Australia, but if you can find a way
to get the system that kind of juice you'll be good to go.

You could always use a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive power supply with it. Works just fine.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

WoodyXP

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 01:38:55 AM »

What did you do to make it fit?

You could always use a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive power supply with it. Works just fine.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 11:10:50 AM »

I used the power supply for a model 1 Genesis, which fits the TG-16/PC Engine. Obviously, the power supply for the model 2/3 Genesis won't fit.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 12:23:28 PM »

This is coming from the man with Ron Jeremy in his avatar :P .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 12:38:12 PM »
 :lol:

Zhukov

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 08:18:12 PM »
So I can use a Sega Mega Drive (model 1) power adapter? Will this work for the interface unit?

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 03:33:26 AM »
I like that ASCII joystick. Looks better than the offical NEC one.

zengar

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 12:58:12 PM »
First of all greetings to this fine pce community, I'm a long time (1988) nec fan and I really love the pcengine, even if I never had the chance to have it...until now....
I recently got a used pce with cdrom, it was the dream of a life but the guy who gave it to me made a brutal error. He plugged the power supply into the european electricity, generating a massive blackout. Then he gave the console to me, thinking that it is beyond repair and useless.
Actually, I hope that something can be made.
I really don't know anything about electricity and stuff (well, at least I use a step down to use my jap consoles in europe...) but as long as the power was turned off, maybe the only thing that was damaged is the power supply. The problem is, an original nec power supply is bloody hard to get here...What if I use a universal one? What about a common AC/DC 220 50Hz 9V 500mA supply? I read this topic and it seems that a genesis supply can work, and it's much easier to obtain...The problem is, I used a common 9v supply this evening and the engine didn't start: is it the definitive sign that the console is toasted inside and beyond any help?