Author Topic: "Splatterhouse" High Scores  (Read 2887 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: "Splatterhouse" High Scores
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2008, 02:46:11 PM »
Robocop Ceti :)
Yea Im glad Count has been playing too,if not for him is not have bothered to post a score past 300,000 even. Well,now Im at 386,200,so now its his turn,although I may not wait for him and Monday evening if I get the time may gun for 600,000 or something close,maybe even past that. Really its not a matter of dying so much,its a matter of how long I have to play at sittings before I have to stop to do other things.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 02:51:28 PM by Michael Helgeson »

ceti alpha

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2008, 03:13:18 PM »
Robocop Ceti :)
Yea Im glad Count has been playing too,if not for him is not have bothered to post a score past 300,000 even. Well,now Im at 386,200,so now its his turn,although I may not wait for him and Monday evening if I get the time may gun for 600,000 or something close,maybe even past that. Really its not a matter of dying so much,its a matter of how long I have to play at sittings before I have to stop to do other things.

Ahh, Robocop.  :idea:

lol @ 600 000 points.  :shock: :shock: :shock: That's some commitment. hehe No guts, no glory I guess. :)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2008, 04:18:17 PM »

Must rest thumbs now :)

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

nat

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2008, 05:23:38 PM »
HAHA, this thread is awesome. Keep at it you two. I want to see 1,000,000 broken by the end of the week.

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 07:16:35 PM »
HAHA, this thread is awesome. Keep at it you two. I want to see 1,000,000 broken by the end of the week.

Too late, already did that :P

I really just did it to see if it would count up that high.  It seems you stop getting bonus lives for points at some point, I think at around six or so, I'm not sure.  But you definetly can collect at least 5, even though only 4 show.
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

nat

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »
Lord almighty.

ceti alpha

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2008, 02:46:08 AM »
 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2008, 02:00:30 PM »
There really is no end to how high we "could" go.  It took me about an hour to do the 1 million point run.  The thing is there is no killer blue orb to end any stalling for points like on the arcade and FM Towns versions, like this...

(this is from the Towns version, the blue orb comes and kills you if you stall in a place that the fog ((also not in the tg/pce version)) doesn't come)

ceti alpha

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2008, 02:48:08 PM »
Ahhhh. Very interesting.

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2008, 03:40:18 PM »
Yeah, I guess it came in with porting the arcade version.  I mean once you figure out a pattern, you can stay in certain spots for literally hours, as you can see by my score.  I guess they needed a way to prevent this on the arcade cabs :-k

Now I just wish there was a way to prove "hard" mode scores without video.  I really feel like I'm exploiting/cheating the game when trying to get a really high score on the default mode.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2008, 05:06:25 PM »
Yeah, I guess it came in with porting the arcade version.  I mean once you figure out a pattern, you can stay in certain spots for literally hours, as you can see by my score.  I guess they needed a way to prevent this on the arcade cabs :-k

Now I just wish there was a way to prove "hard" mode scores without video.  I really feel like I'm exploiting/cheating the game when trying to get a really high score on the default mode.

Not really,the exploit areas are still present no matter what,normal or hard,and you are still going to put in about the same amount of effort into those areas no matter what. What you really need to aim for is a video done of hard mode beaten without dying,or on one credit,and focus less on the high score aspect of hard mode. Honestly,you die alot it seems even on default,like maybe you are getting lazy or sumthin after you get so many points. I get a tad lazy too near the end after Ive got the score Im pleased with or get near it. Originally it seemed only fair to present  a low score here others could beat,but now you and I both are so far out there way more so then the normal person is going to put effort into to get such high scores,kinda similar to my Override score thread.

At any rate:
TOP SCORE for Michael Helgeson with 3 lives in spare 1,446,500.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 06:29:34 PM by Michael Helgeson »

Windancer

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »
Holy Moly!!!!!  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Nice run there!

Turbo D

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2008, 05:39:08 PM »
This thread is starting to get exciting! What a competition!  8)

Sinistron

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 05:20:45 AM »
This is perhaps the greatest thread ever.  It's like the King of Kong- only different.    :)

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 01:13:44 PM »

Not really,the exploit areas are still present no matter what,normal or hard,and you are still going to put in about the same amount of effort into those areas no matter what. What you really need to aim for is a video done of hard mode beaten without dying,or on one credit,and focus less on the high score aspect of hard mode. Honestly,you die alot it seems even on default,like maybe you are getting lazy or sumthin after you get so many points. I get a tad lazy too near the end after Ive got the score Im pleased with or get near it. Originally it seemed only fair to present  a low score here others could beat,but now you and I both are so far out there way more so then the normal person is going to put effort into to get such high scores,kinda similar to my Override score thread.
That's what I meant about a hard mode run, doing it not for points but for making it with dying the least.

I don't die alot (see 405k score pics).  I purposely ran down my lives to one mask left before beating the level 6 boss on the 1 million point run. 

Anyways, this is fun, but I don't know if I'll get a chance to spend to beat your score anytime soon, so others should join in.  Come on guys get out your Splatterhouse and kick a little monster ass!