Author Topic: What's wrong with my TurboDuo?  (Read 788 times)

Black Tiger

Re: What's wrong with my TurboDuo?
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 05:39:20 AM »
I hope some one on the board can help you fix your duo.

I have the same problem with one of my duos. I replaced the laser and it didn't fix it. I took the motor out and hooked it up to a battery and it spun. I'm thinking one of these days I might go around replacing caps or something, Idk. Just know that you're not the only one suffering  :wink:

Its not a big deal for me. I still have my original TurboDuo from when it launched. This is a spare system I bought for $40, but I'd still like to fix it if I can.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Turbo D

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 05:40:40 AM »
Same here, I even paid around that.

chaoticjelly

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 11:18:10 AM »
Is the spindle properly seated and not dropped down? The bottom of the plastic spindle should be just above the top of the plastic pickup cover.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 08:05:27 PM »
The same thing happened with my Dreamcast. Unfortunately the "buy a new one" suggestion that works so well with DC isn't as easy or cheap on the Duo.

Does the Duo have a power board like the DC? That's the main reason DC motors go out.

chop5

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 03:21:13 PM »
Sounds like bad laser symptoms. The spindle and sled motors are supposed to be very long lasting but they could wear out. But just in case you said you have another duo and a duo-r? Transplant the laser from one of those into it and see what happens. Also unhook the wires and put them back in tight,if there loose it causes a similar problem but more clickity noises.
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jetbue7/prchopsado.jpg tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie