Author Topic: Loading problem  (Read 314 times)

Windytune

Loading problem
« on: November 15, 2007, 04:11:27 AM »
Alright, I finally got my PCE Duo in the mail. I hooked it up and everything. Popped in the Japanese Godzilla game, and took it for a spin. The game loaded up perfectly, I checked out versus mode, it loaded and played fine, besides the adpcm sounds of course. But then when I went into story/arcade mode, an odd thing happened. I picked Rodan and Anguirus just to make sure...but it will confirm that I press I or II, then it will just sit there, reloading and playing the music. The disc is in impeccable shape, so am I to believe that my laser is to blame?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Loading problem
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:56:49 AM »
It doesn't sound like a laser problem if it's only choking at that one spot.  Maybe it's related to the ADPCM issue - Godzilla is supposed to roar when you pick an opponent, and maybe your Duo is waiting for a roar that will never come (assuming that his roar is coming through ADPCM).  Have you tried any other discs yet to see if they have similar problems?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Windytune

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:14:59 AM »
 :shock: I have no other discs yet :( That's odd though, could a problem in sound really prevent the next part from loading? If so, that's not a big problem, I have the security bit and the replacement chip in transit! Then I can get my game on. Until then I guess I will have to play the Super Famicom version.

FM-77

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 02:52:20 AM »
Download a game and try. Your system should be able to read CD-R discs. If not, dead laser.