Author Topic: Best Console?  (Read 2722 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Best Console?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 06:34:07 PM »
No order.

failed!

You and your communist order fails! f*ck that noise, anarchy!

if you had read the rules, you would know, why i need the order. otherwise it can't be put into the endanalysis. hence it's just valueless.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

MissaFX

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 06:40:03 PM »
1. PS2 - The PS2 really has the best library of games ever.  It also is backed up with solid hardware.  The face that it plays PS1 games and has a HD really keep it in the number 1 slot.  A weak laser is a problem which has plagued many consoles, so I will not fault it for that, considering the software library.

2. PSP - It's the ultimate hand hold system.  It's games are between PS1 and PS2 in quality and it can play all the PS1 games.  On top of that it has an emulator for nearly every console with less power than it.  Tons of homebrew also keeps the software library fresh.  Heck, you can even torrent with it!

3. Neo Geo Home System - It brought arcade goodness to the home screen the only proper way to do it, without a translation!  Sure the games cost more than should ever be allowed, but no other console at the time could claim the graphics or gameplay the Neo Geo had.

4. 3DO - One of the most ambitious consoles ever made with a solid, if small, library to back it up.

5. Virtual Boy - Still today, it has the best 3-D games ever made.  Sure they are all in red, but wow are some of them 3-D.  It also looks like something from the future.  Too bad it has no good 3-rd party stand.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Turbo D

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 06:57:36 PM »
#1 TurboDuo!!!!

#2 ps3 (its a powerhouse! has all playstations mixed into one! Upscales previous playstation games into hd!)

#3 Sega Genesis with all attachments. (Blast Processing to the max!!!)

#4 Nes ( classic!)

#5 undecided...

TR0N

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 07:51:40 PM »
1.PS2
2.Sega Saturn
3.Neo Geo
4.TG16
5.Famicom

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

guyjin

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 10:38:14 PM »
Damn, such a hard choice..,
...so I will make silly choices.
1. Daewoo Zemmix
2. Fm towns marty
3. amiga cd32
4. bandai wonderswan color
5. vtech socrates
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:49:53 PM by guyjin »
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

SignOfZeta

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 11:05:41 PM »
People really suck at this...

#1: SNES
#2: PCE
#3: SS
#4: DC
#5: Neo Geo Pocket

An Misa...wow, you picked some of the shittiest systems ever. I'm appalled!

nodtveidt

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 11:24:55 PM »
I will vote based on development practices of consoles I have actually developed for or simply experimented with.

#1: Nintendo DS
This is a little bag of kick-ass when it comes to development. It opens up whole new worlds of development techniques and game design considerations. The hardware is rock-solid, even if it is a little limited, especially in the RAM department...that just makes you plan better and make better use of your resources though.

#2: PC Engine
While not as easy to develop for as the NDS, the PCE is really a marvel under-the-hood. Again though, a small amount of RAM really makes you plan your production carefully. The nice graphics circuitry allows you to do some pretty funky stuff that you don't see very often on other older consoles.

#3: Neo Geo CD
Again with nice solid hardware and great graphics ability. The huge amount of RAM really helps. Not having to worry about "tile memory" and "sprite memory" is really really nice.

#4: Sega CD
What makes this one stand out is the fact that you have a standard CDROM format to work with. Sure the graphics hardware may be a little limited but there's enough RAM to do some pretty nice stuff regardless.

#5: Commodore 64
Keep in mind that this machine was developed as a game machine; the keyboard was tacked on at the last minute to appeal to the common user. Regardless, this was a very sweet machine for its time and still has a few games that are unrivaled in modern gaming. Coders were always trying to figure out new ways to trick the VIC, such as the infamous 32 sprite trick!

Black Tiger

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 12:18:55 AM »
1: PC Engine/TG-16
2: Sega Master System/Mark III
3: Famicom/NES
4: Megadrive/Genesis
5: Sega Saturn
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

rolins

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 05:17:33 AM »
1.) Daewoo Zemmix - The msx console from Korea. It could only play MSX cartridges, but also Famicom games through an adaptor. Now that's awesome.

2.) Neo-Geo - The console of my childhood dreams. Arcade perfect.

3.) PC-Engine (briefcase set) - The original white console was compact and slick. It's dated but NEC had the right idea to allow the older console to access the newer games with CD-Rom attachment and arcade card. Pure genius and they had better success with the upgrades than Sega did.

4.) NES/Famicom - Even after the system ceased production, there are tons of homebrew games and hardware being made today. Such the Flash cart, which seem like a dream until recently.

5.) Sega Saturn - For the arcade ports, mainly shmups.

Sinistron

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 05:50:09 AM »
1) PCE- I actually have a US Turbo- but it becomes so much greater withthe converter so my vote goes to the real thing.
2) NES- Too many games, too many memories.  The real king of the modern home console.
3) COLECOVISION- man I was just looking at all the titles I owned back in the day for this and they were all 100% classic.  This was the first console I owned to make me fall in love with video games.  Atari was just like a curiosity for me- exciting at first and then boring as hell the next month. 
4) COMMODORE 64- I'm an oldschool guy- memories, memories, memories.  Bruce Lee, Summer Games, Wizard, Jumpman Jr., Arkon, Dr. J vs Larry Bird, those stupid breakdancing games, Impossible Mission, Hardball, that's the good stuff.
5) Shit do I have to pick another?  Okay- I like the SNES but my 8-bit love is a little stronger- I'll have to go with SEGA MASTER SYSTEM.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

nat

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 06:04:58 AM »
1) TurboGrafx/PCE
2) SEGA Dreamcast
3) NES
4) Nintendo Wii
5) PC-FX

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 07:08:52 AM »
1. PCE/SuperGrafx/DUO
2.Saturn Jap
3.Genesis USA
4.NeoGeo
5.Dreamcast both regions

runinruder

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 08:45:22 AM »
1) PCE
2) PS2
3) Genesis
4) N64
5) Playstation

I don't really care beyond the top three. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 09:33:45 AM »
Well I have different takes on what my personal favorite consoles are and what I think the best consoles are. I'll list both.

Favorites

1. ) Turbo (this includes all formats on it)
2. ) Genesis
3. ) NES
4. ) Neo Geo
5. ) Vectrex (a system dedicated to vector graphics, how can you not appreciate it!?)

Best

1. ) NES
2. ) Genesis
3. ) Turbo
4. ) Saturn
5. ) Playstation

Of course these are quick lists I made since I have to leave for work soon, but it gives a general idea on what I think.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nectarsis

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 09:39:18 AM »
1.) PCE/TG
2.) PSP
3.) Saturn
4.) NDS
5.) SNES
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:37:01 AM by nectarsis »
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>