Author Topic: Best Console?  (Read 2721 times)

r_benchley

Re: Best Console?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 09:51:08 AM »
1. PS3 (Being able to play PS3, PS2 and PS1 games on the same machine is very cool)
2. Sega Saturn
3. Sega Dreamcast
4. PC Engine Duo
5. SNES

MissaFX

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 10:18:42 AM »
Quote from: SignOfZeta
An Misa...wow, you picked some of the shittiest systems ever. I'm appalled!

Wow, comming from you, that must be a huge compliment! :mrgreen:  If I can appall a Bizarro, I must be voting right.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 12:02:03 PM »
1. Turbo Duo
2. SNES
3. Sega Saturn
4. Neo Geo
5. NES

The 360 is rising up my charts though.............

ceti alpha

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »
...not easy...

1. Turbo Duo - the look and the capability. The Turbo/PCE debuted in 1987 and was still releasing games into 1994 (if not longer. I've never actually been clear on when software stopped being mass produced for the PCE/Turbo).

2. NES - Not the best hardware, but tons of software make this system a second favourite of mine.

3. Xbox - Halo and Halo 2, Burnout 3, EA Sports games (all were superior on the Xbox), Xbox Live (Sony has never even come close to the functionality of Xbox Live), the Xbox Media Center (my Xbox is getting more use now with xbmc than ever before).

4. GBA SP - Not only can I play old NES and SNES games on this extremely well designed portable, but I can also play old arcade classics as well. Oh, and not to mention that the GBA will also emulate Turbografx games. I'll have to try that out at some point. Here's an emulation comparison video of a GBA vs GP2X:

5. SNES - Though I've never owned one, I've logged many, many hours on this baby. Whether it was Street Fighter II, Rock 'n Roll Racing, Zelda, R-Type games, or Star Fox, my thumbs got sore on this machine.

Honourable mention goes to the Atari 2600. It's just classic. I killed Bezerk....killed it.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

termis

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 01:07:41 PM »
1. Saturn
2. PC-Engine/TG16
3. Dreamcast
4. Genesis/Mega Drive
5. SNES/SFC

Kitsunexus

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 01:10:58 PM »
OK, fine, I'll play.

1. SNES
2. PS2
3. PSP
4. TurboGrafx-16
5. Genesis

turbofan1

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 03:49:47 PM »
...not easy...

1. Turbo Duo - the look and the capability. The Turbo/PCE debuted in 1987 and was still releasing games into 1994 (if not longer. I've never actually been clear on when software stopped being mass produced for the PCE/Turbo).

If your talking about games,The last game made for the pc engine was Dead Of Brian 1&2 in like july of 1999.Not counting the homebrew mindrec shit.As far as the last turbo grafx game,thats always up for constant debate.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 03:52:04 PM »
@Missa: No PC-FX or PCE?  :cry:

Here's my picks:

1.  Turbo (duh!)
2.  GameBoy
3.  Dreamcast
4.  2600
5.  SNES

Not counting the homebrew mindrec shit.

I oughta slap you!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 04:46:16 PM »
Should portable systems really count as consoles though? To me, I always classified consoles as video game systems that hooked up to your TV (or came built into their own respected monitor, like Vectrex  :mrgreen: ) and loaded games using whatever type of media form.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Tatsujin

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »
yeah..literally a portable is a handheld and not a console. but since the usage of both is almost the same, i would count it to the console category, or let's simply say "video game systems".
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »
Here are the consoles that I choose for this voting:

1. PlayStation. My favorite console of all time! Tons of great games on it and I've had so many fond memories. I don't know where I would be if it never came into my life!
2. Nintendo DS. My favorite handheld of all time. I've had some great times with the games that I've played for it, plus it is able to play Game Boy Advance game when need be. I also like its style of 3-D graphics (along with the PlayStation).
3. TurboGrafx-16. Quite an impressive console. Its graphics and It's also able to play Super CD-ROM game, too. I can't wait to play its games in real experience somehow.
4. Nintendo Wii. So much exploration of the past is possible through Virtual Console. It also has a number of more interesting games to me than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It can also play GameCube games, which there are definite titles I want for that system.
5. NES. Lovely. Although I've only played eight of its games through emulation technology on other consoles, I've had happy moments with them. I would also like to explore more from this console to experience the great classics that it had brang for its time.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 05:02:34 PM »
1. Saturn
2. Genesis Superstack
3. Dreamcast
4. Neo Geo
5. Neo Geo Pocket

What am I doing in a forum related to Hudson\NEC?  It is a mystery!  :-k

WoodyXP

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 05:31:22 PM »

1.) NES
2.) PCE
3.) Neo Geo AES
4.) Saturn
5.) Mega CD

8)

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 05:39:08 PM »
1. Saturn
2. Genesis Superstack
3. Dreamcast
4. Neo Geo
5. Neo Geo Pocket

What am I doing in a forum related to Hudson\NEC?  It is a mystery!  :-k

Heh, heh. That's because you and Keranu are best buddies  :mrgreen:! You two will go wherever one or the other goes! You're both practically inseparatable.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 05:48:48 PM »
I can't help it.

He constantly links me to high quality threads in #lazerdorks.  I couldn't resist posting in the MGC thread when Marty showed up.  :-&

I had an old account before this one back when you had to register to read the site (I think...?  Maybe I am forgetting things in my old age.). Maybe I should switch to that one again as my PPD is over 1 again.

Anyways, to stay on topic, I seriously think you can't beat the Saturn if you include Japanese releases.  It honestly has everything.