Author Topic: wanted pc-fx  (Read 744 times)

scrodamoon

wanted pc-fx
« on: February 16, 2008, 05:41:49 AM »
hey I am looking for a pc-fx I was going to order from over seas but the price just doesn't make any sense to me if anyone has one for sale that isnt gonna cost me a arm and a leg to get then please let me know. also I am in Canada so i know 90% of Americans hate shipping here.

but I want one so I thought I would give it a shot.

I am not really worried about condition as long as it plays cosmetics don't mean much to me at this point maybe later on I will order a complete unit for my collection.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 05:43:20 AM by scrodamoon »

ceti alpha

Re: wanted pc-fx
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 06:29:22 AM »
also I am in Canada so i know 90% of Americans hate shipping here.

Really? Where in Canada? I'm in Halifax, NS.

But I've found most people don't mind shipping to Canada. Though for some reason TZD was opposed to it.  :|

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Soviet Conscript

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 11:16:32 AM »
also I am in Canada so i know 90% of Americans hate shipping here.

yhea, there are small annoyences that make some people think its more trouble then its worth.

1) the customs form
2) the slightly (sometimes more then slightly) longer time in the mail which can also = more chance for something to get lost
3) you can't get delivery confirmation either
Oh my god! They're not even human!

Turbo D

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 02:54:50 PM »
I've sold and shipped lots of items to Canada hassle free. I guess I'm one of the few!

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 04:50:48 PM »
I don't mind shipping to Canada as long as the buyer is aware it cost more to do so and doesn't try to fight with me over that.

nat

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 05:12:19 PM »
That customs form is a real clusterf*ck pain-in-the-ass, but I can't use time as an excuse seeing as it takes me an average of 45 minutes waiting in line at the post office (plenty of time to fill out a measly customs form) any time I ship anything.

scrodamoon

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 03:45:00 AM »
Im in Salmon Arm, British Columbia.

Well if anyone know or has a pc-fx unit in working order but not in the greatest shape that would ship to Canada let me know.

I am a big sega saturn fan, and find alot of the games I like on there is also for the fx so I would love to be able to compare and see the differences for myself.

Thanks guys let me know

td741

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 06:02:55 AM »
But I've found most people don't mind shipping to Canada. Though for some reason TZD was opposed to it.  :|

TZD wasn't shipping to Canada due to an agreement with DonSal Inc.  DonSal used to sell Turbo stuff inside of Canada and there was some great deals from them.

I'm not sure if it's moot, but I did manage to get TZD to ship to me twice in the past:
- The first time for an item that was not/will never be sold through DonSal Inc.
- The second time after DonSal Inc was no longer selling any Turbo items at all.

That said, I generally have no problems getting items shipped to me here in Ottawa.

I do have one word of caution:
AVOID UPS (United Parcel Service) LIKE THE PLAGUE FOR IMPORTING INTO CANADA.  They charge notoriously high brokerage fees EVEN when there are no customs/duties/taxes to be paid.

nat

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 06:15:54 AM »
I do have one word of caution:
AVOID UPS (United Parcel Service) LIKE THE PLAGUE FOR IMPORTING INTO CANADA.  They charge notoriously high brokerage fees EVEN when there are no customs/duties/taxes to be paid.

Agreed. I found this out the hard way about 3 years ago when I sold an Apple CRT monitor to a guy in Canada.

I shipped by UPS. When it arrived, they stuck him with a bill for $50 on top of everything else he'd already paid. As if that wasn't a sufficient slap in the face, when he opened the box, the CRT was completely shattered and the plastic casing was in pieces. I've never seen such destruction. And this thing was packed well. It's like the UPS driver took a detour to the local landfill and borrowed their garbage compressor before delivering, a special "thank you" for choosing UPS.

scrodamoon

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 06:50:20 AM »
oh i am very familiar with all the postal services, and yes I have been screwed with ups before. I avoid at all costs unless absolutely necessary

ceti alpha

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 12:39:24 PM »
I shipped by UPS. When it arrived, they stuck him with a bill for $50 on top of everything else he'd already paid. As if that wasn't a sufficient slap in the face, when he opened the box, the CRT was completely shattered and the plastic casing was in pieces. I've never seen such destruction. And this thing was packed well. It's like the UPS driver took a detour to the local landfill and borrowed their garbage compressor before delivering, a special "thank you" for choosing UPS.

Ugh  :shock: What a nightmare! I also got slapped with the extra fee when I ordered my xbox from eBay. Sucked big time.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

scrodamoon

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 02:58:28 PM »
so nobody has one they wanna get rid of?  lol

scrodamoon

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 06:08:33 PM »
alright well then ill just have to get one from over seas, but anyone wanting to thin out their collection of cheaper games id be more then be interested in completes that you wanna get rid of.

nat

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 06:10:18 PM »
the PC-FX is so incredibly awesome no one could bear to part with theirs

MissaFX

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 06:49:57 PM »
I'm gonna will mine burried with me when I die!  Someone will have to dig me up and pry it out of my zombie-mummy hands.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08