Author Topic: current output  (Read 1099 times)

kenomac78

current output
« on: March 08, 2008, 11:56:48 AM »
i have had it with the wii VC

what was once great has fallen to crap!

with releases brought down to only ONE a week and of poor quality or already existing on PS2 comps, it just makes me mad

thinking of selling it off......

nat

Re: current output
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 12:03:54 PM »
Are you talking of the VC in general or specifically the Turbo VC? What about the quality is poor?

Seems to me the quality of emulation on the two systems I've downloaded titles for (Neo Geo & Genesis) is top-notch.

kenomac78

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 12:20:59 PM »
both.

STILL waiting on Ys and some others.  the quality of the games they put out anymore SUCKS. in 2008 so far, the only game that had me interested was startropics. and they keep announcing more systems to support, which is good, but then they have slowed down the once promised 3 games a week to 2 or 1 and they  just arent very good games to me.

now when wii-ware comes into play will they cut down VC even more?

combined with nintendo's trademark stubbornness coming roaring back, in forms such as  un-modable control schemes, locking the games on the console and no hard drive ever, it just makes me give up

the emulation itself is fine . i just stupidly held out a hope that aftr 10 years in last place nintendo had changed , and it turns out i was wrong

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 12:23:18 PM »
Quote from: kenomac78
i just stupidly held out a hope that aftr 10 years in last place nintendo had changed , and it turns out i was wrong

"Last place" is relative. Nintendo makes far far more money that any other player in the games industry.

nat

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 02:11:51 PM »
Ah, OK, you're talking about the selection of games being released. It seems Nintendo (or whomever) is unable/unwilling to secure rights from certain 3rd party companies to release their games on the VC. As the first-party selection dries up, it's no surprise releases have slowed. I'm a little disappointed as well that the powers that be don't seem to be actively pursuing publishing rights for more 3rd party games.

And where is Wii-ware? Anyone know when that's supposed to show up? I've been keeping my fingers crossed for Star Soldier R, but... It seems like this generation will be over before we see any Wii-ware.

kenomac78

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 06:47:38 PM »
i forget that nintendo made all of its money from 96-06 off of the gameboy line and pokemon.  but the first 6 months it seemed like the wii was going to be everything promised and then some.

now its kind of lost its momentum with tons of bad ports, VC dry up and nintendo's usual delays and stubbornness

SignOfZeta

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 07:24:12 PM »
i forget that nintendo made all of its money from 96-06 off of the gameboy line and pokemon.  but the first 6 months it seemed like the wii was going to be everything promised and then some.

now its kind of lost its momentum with tons of bad ports, VC dry up and nintendo's usual delays and stubbornness

My point is that Nintendo loses money on pretty much nothing. The 360 is better in a lot of ways, but MS has been bleeding cash by the billions for six or seven years, so I can understand why Nintendo might have its own way of doing things.

The Gameboy/DS are the source of most of their cash, but the other stuff does pretty good to. Wiifit has sold 1.6 million copies and it hasn't even come out of Japan yet. Smash Bros was 1.3 million in Japan alone. Both of those titles well sell truckloads in the rest of the world, and like a lot of Nintendo's software they will continue to sell really well for years to come.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 03:22:44 PM by SignOfZeta »

Kitsunexus

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 06:24:33 AM »
Wii-Ware is like downloadable budget Wii titles right? Meh. I will say the Wii has better classic titles, but honestly, my having an emulator hurts it. I think the Wii would have more relevance to myself if emulators didn't exist, or maybe if the Wii itself had better games, or maybe if I still had a family who enjoyed mutliplayer games.

As it stands, 360 is more attractive.

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 08:25:53 PM »
And where is Wii-ware? Anyone know when that's supposed to show up? I've been keeping my fingers crossed for Star Soldier R, but... It seems like this generation will be over before we see any Wii-ware.
Comes out sometime in May, early May I believe. At first I didn't think much of it, but there are actually quite a few nice looking games coming out on it. I think it's going to make great sales myself.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 11:19:06 PM »
Wii-Ware is like downloadable budget Wii titles right? Meh. I will say the Wii has better classic titles, but honestly, my having an emulator hurts it. I think the Wii would have more relevance to myself if emulators didn't exist, or maybe if the Wii itself had better games, or maybe if I still had a family who enjoyed mutliplayer games.

As it stands, 360 is more attractive.

IMO the best thing about the 360 is the Live Arcade stuff. If WiiWare turns out that nicely, that would be really cool.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 04:58:30 AM »
IMO the best thing about the 360 is the Live Arcade stuff. If WiiWare turns out that nicely, that would be really cool.

Indeed; though without a hard drive, I don't see how WiiWare will be able to offer anywhere near the breadth of content that's available on Live Arcade.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Kitsunexus

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 07:35:20 AM »
Indeed; though without a hard drive, I don't see how WiiWare will be able to offer anywhere near the breadth of content that's available on Live Arcade.

Does Wii even have any high speed expansion ports to facilitate a HD?  :-s

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 08:07:41 AM »

Yes, via a pair of USB 2.0 ports.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Kitsunexus

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 05:58:16 PM »