Author Topic: What other systems do you dudes play or collect?  (Read 3069 times)

td741

Re: What other systems do you dudes play or collect?
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 01:57:35 AM »
Not sure if "collect" is quite the word.  I've got a lot of systems and I buy games/binge when it takes my fancy. :P 

That said, aside from my PCEngine/Supergrafx "collection" (the largest), I think my next biggest selection is Dreamcast.  Then I think it goes: Saturn, 3D0, SMS, DS, NeoGeo Pocket Colour, NeoCD, PSP, Genesis/32x/SegaCD, GameCube, Wii, XBox, Neo-Geo MVS, Jaguar + JagCD, PSOne (sold off most of my PSX games with my PS2, then picked up a PSOne + Screen), Game Wave, Virtual Boy, Intellivision, Colecolvision, JAMMA boards, PC-FX, Atari 5200, XBox 360 (just got it on Friday.), Atari 7800.

I think I didn't forget anything.  I never owned a NES, I did have an SNES at one point with a largish collection of games.  I stupidly sold it off years ago, I please temporary insanity.

Mobius

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 12:52:18 PM »
I think I didn't forget anything.  I never owned a NES, I did have an SNES at one point with a largish collection of games.  I stupidly sold it off years ago, I please temporary insanity.

The more insane thing is that you haven't bought another one!  Seriously, I don't think I've ever known someone to have a decently sized "collection" of systems like you and not have the NES and SNES.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 01:43:51 PM »
Mostly Neo Geo and SNES games. I have been getting better about buying Genesis games but there are only like 20 of them that I really want and I have 8 of them so far. NES I tend to pick up a few favorites here and there, which is only at 47 carts.

Lately, I have been going wild with the Neo Geo. Picked up Real Bout and Real Bout Special for AES the past 2 weeks. All I need is Real Bout 2 and my main SNK fighter collection is done (AOF, SS, KOF, FF, LB, WH). So far, my AES collection holds at 40 carts. I just really buy the games I know I will play, which the Neo tends to have a good amount of at around 70% of its library. I pretty much have gotten the harder to find or more expensive carts out of the way. The rest is the cheaper and more common games like, Robo Army, Last Resort, 3 Count Bout, Mutation Nation, Savage Reign, Cyberlip, Baseball Stars 2 and other games of that sort.

rainbow_bright

When buying an AES system, try to get one that has a really good cart slot. I highly suggest on at least a S-video mod since the standard composite video of this system is that of a Genesis or worse. The Unibios also is a big plus to get blood in games like Samurai Shodown and also having English text to go with it. Check the Neo Selling Forums for some of the good honest sellers. They should be easy to get a hold of. You can find one modded out reasonably at $250-$300.

td741

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 02:11:00 AM »

The more insane thing is that you haven't bought another one!  Seriously, I don't think I've ever known someone to have a decently sized "collection" of systems like you and not have the NES and SNES.

The NES just never really was part of my childhood that much.  A friend on mine had one, but I was more into the C=64 and Amiga around that time.  When I sold my SNES, I also had my original Duo at the tail end and concentrated on that.

I do tend to pick up some NES and SNES classics on collections, GBA re-releases, Wii...  My Xbox is modded and I (occasionally) start up the emulators.  I might pick up another SNES sometime.  To be honest, I don't have the time or space for what I already own... :P

nodtveidt

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 06:57:51 AM »
I would like to pick up an SNES at some point. Playing F-Zero and Zelda LttP on emulators just isn't quite the same as playing on a TV.

Carbon Tiger

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 11:04:45 AM »
Let's see currently hooked up to my TV.

-Atari 2600
-Sega Master System
-Dreamcast
-PC Engine Briefcase CD version
-X Box 360
-Wii

I would say the only stuff I 'collect' for is the PC-E and the SMS. :)

The SMS has a surprisingly strong catalogue of games if you know were to look and buy European releases to make up for the weak US release count. I never had a Gamecube so the Wii's backwards compatibility has me buying a bunch of pretty good cheap games I never got to play. Ditto for the XB360 playing Xbox 1 games although that compatibility sorta sucks being it's only 50%.

Used to have a NES and an SNES but those were lost in a flood with several games.

Also have an N64 that's not hooked up and a PS2 that's broken. My PS1 died years ago but I still play it's games on my computer.
My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 08:20:42 AM »
Famicom, PC Engine, Super Famicom, & Sega Saturn

On the US side I think I got everything I wanted.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 09:17:57 AM »
Right now I'm focusing on the Commodore 64 and PC Engine, although I'm still big on the Famicom and Mark III (I started collecting for those two about a couple months ago). I'm also contemplating on kickstarting my Saturn and Dreamcast collections, which I've kinda neglected since I got them a few months back.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

nat

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 01:47:55 PM »
Dreamcast rules. Start collecting now.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2008, 01:55:19 PM »

When I get more money in the bank, yeah I'll start collecting for the DC. I should pick up one of those VGA boxes for it too, considering that my TV box (obviously) has VGA output.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

TR0N

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »
:lol: Only,becuase most of it's shooter are long sold out from most importers.

Heck i still feel stupid for missing out on (border down) when it was new.

Btw..good luck if you do start up again collecting again for the dc apolloboy.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:08:56 PM by TRON »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

nat

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2008, 06:41:26 PM »

Heck i still feel stupid for missing out on (border down) when it was new.

I missed out too.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2008, 02:17:46 PM »
What other systems do you dudes play or collect?

Just started really-

XBOX softmod with XBMC-

TurboGrafX-Box 16  much?

Just starting to learn the awesomeness of HUGO

Working on a second XBOX- putting a 80g HDD in for Media Center, should be nice when its all said and done.  BTW- picked up the Xbox at the Midwest Gaming Classic for $40.  God I love MGC!!

guyjin

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2008, 02:32:50 PM »
I just got a 7800 and XEGS. they're both pretty nice, actually.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

ceti alpha

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »
What other systems do you dudes play or collect?

Just started really-

XBOX softmod with XBMC-

TurboGrafX-Box 16  much?

Just starting to learn the awesomeness of HUGO

Working on a second XBOX- putting a 80g HDD in for Media Center, should be nice when its all said and done.  BTW- picked up the Xbox at the Midwest Gaming Classic for $40.  God I love MGC!!

Nice Turbo!! I love XBMC. I don't know how I've lived without it. Seriously. Download movies and I don't have to bother burning discs. Watching youtube on the TV is a bonus too. I haven't added a HDD yet, but it'll have to happen. I want to load up on some emulators and whatnot.

If you're going to go the wireless route for XBMC, you'll probably want to skip the SMB file sharing. SMB can be a pain and it can be slow. I definitely recommend ccx stream gui. It's super fast and very stable/reliable.

Here's the link (the download is at the very bottom of the page).

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=87054

Oh and let me know of any cool applications and whatever else you're doing with XBMC turbo. :) I'm still pretty noobish at it, but I'm getting familiar with filezilla and all that stuff. I'd also like to see how you make out installing your HDD. That's probably outta my league to do myself, but whatever. I'm willing to buy an extra xbox just to toy around with. :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:54:31 PM by ceti alpha »

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"