Author Topic: Frozen Utopia - Any Progress?  (Read 570 times)

Arjak

Frozen Utopia - Any Progress?
« on: April 30, 2008, 05:19:06 AM »
I just noticed how long it has been since we heard any news about Mysterious Song, and I was wondering what progress has been made on it in the last few months. Also, any news on System Card 4?
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

nat

Re: Frozen Utopia - Any Progress?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 05:28:07 AM »
Mysterious Song is waiting on graphics from a few graphic artists (*cough*) but has been perched on the verge of completion for a while. If a few people (*cough*) get their asses in gear it could get finished up in not too long.

Nodtveidt can probably provide more specifics, but there you have it, simply put.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 05:34:08 AM »
(*cough*) I certain people would just quit screwing around on a certain forum. (*cough*)  :lol:

With any luck, Rover and company will have it finished up in about 16 months; just in time for the Turbo's 20th anniversary.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 08:34:59 AM »
(*cough*) I certain people would just quit screwing around on a certain forum. (*cough*)  :lol:

With any luck, Rover and company will have it finished up in about 16 months; just in time for the Turbo's 20th anniversary.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nodtveidt

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 09:11:07 AM »
Yes, waiting on graphics from two individuals, including one posting in this very thread (*choke!*). :D ParanoiaDragon has just completed a series of audio makeovers for the game, and Black Tiger has stated that he's almost done with cutscene 2 and has done some work on cutscene 3. I have not been able to do any work on the project for a very long time, and whatever free time I had in the past couple of months (which can be counted, in hours, on my hands) was put towards prepping Bubble Bobble PCE.

As for System Card 4, no news on that just yet. I've not had the time to do any R&D with that for the same reasons I've not been able to do anything on Mysterious Song.

termis

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 12:10:47 PM »
I'll still be around to buy a copy when it's released! (hopefully)  :clap:

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 05:48:49 PM »
I as well wish to purchase a copy.  It will be my very first Turbo Purchase to start my new collection!

And what about Mindrek and that run n' gun game they were working on?  Anyone hear any news on that?

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 08:17:56 PM »
If all the songs I've spruced up so far, sound good to Nod & the rest, then that means I only have 3 songs to go.  It's been a little tough, but I'm gradually pushing myself back into the studio, but part of it, is just thinking about the songs during the day while at work, to figure out, how I can spruce them up :)

As for PC Gunjin(the run n' gun), I haven't talked to Fragmare in awhile, though, last time I did, he was working more on Xymati(the shmup).  And both of us(Frozen Utopia & Mindrec) have had setbacks, since, it's our hobby, not our daily job to do this, so, as always, we appreciate your patience...though, I'm sure I can speak for the rest, that we get impatient as well.  Atleast for me, I not only want to finish MS & have it ready for people, but, I want to move onto other projects, including ones, that are still only in the concept stages, but, are going to be incredible!

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 04:53:45 PM »
I haven't done any work in awhile since I don't think there is anything else I need to do for MSR... maybe I should be doing work on something else instead  :-k .

Fragmare sends me new graphics he's working on for PC Gunjin and Xymati (mostly Xymati). Even though both games still have a ton more work to be done, the graphics are really, really top notch.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 04:55:03 PM »
The last art I saw from PC Gunjin looked really incredible.

nodtveidt

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 02:36:51 AM »
If anyone is interested, I have today half-off so I'm doing some more final touches to Mysterious Song. Still waiting for that artwork though... :D

nat

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 07:41:24 AM »
Awesome, I have some stuff, but I wanted to flesh it out more before turning it in. Maybe I'll just turn in what I've got.... Or something. I'll be the first to admit I haven't worked on it in a couple weeks. If I get some free time today and tomorrow I'll try to finish it up.