Author Topic: FS: TurboGrafx 16 Case label Stickers: Large, Small & Duo/CD sets.  (Read 16787 times)

Sparky

Re: FS: TurboGrafx 16 Case label Stickers… Large, Small & NOW Duo/CD sets...
« Reply #240 on: September 20, 2012, 05:49:08 PM »
And I am caught up... 2 large sets left and a few small sets... Any takers on these let me know.
If I missed anyone pm me :( was a rough few months for me.

turboswimbz

« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »
Got a small set today. Great stickers, match perfectly with the other games :) thanks again.

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

jelloslug

« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2012, 09:25:06 AM »
I bought a set a while back and they are great!

tpivette

« Reply #243 on: September 26, 2012, 10:13:01 AM »
My stuff just arrived recently as well. Very good quality work, indistinguishable from the originals! Inserts and manuals were excellent as well. Now my Sapphire bootleg looks like a complete game. Awesome!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

MrFlutterPie

« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2012, 02:02:55 PM »
Just put together my first custom case for my Time Cruise.  Looks just like a factory made case :)

reno5

« Reply #245 on: October 01, 2012, 07:55:38 AM »
Got my large set and they look great ! Thanks a lot.

My Sapphire bootleg looks great too !

Sparky

« Reply #246 on: October 02, 2012, 04:27:51 AM »
Again thanks a lot for the kind words here & in the Pms :)

quincymark

« Reply #247 on: November 19, 2012, 11:15:06 AM »
Received my set. Thanks so much. Awesome job.

psychobear

« Reply #248 on: November 29, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »
I can't describe how Awsome these stickers are... Great work man!!

FiftyQuid

« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2012, 04:19:19 PM »
I bought a set of these when I first signed up here.  I've used quite a few of them on replacement cases.  I'm a stickler for details, as Spark can attest to, but these stickers really do stand up.  They stay stuck, they stay shiny and they look great.

One thing I would also like to mention is that I've had the opportunity to compare Sparky's labels with the other 'custom' labels being sold.  I happened to buy a CIC game that came with one of these repro labels (eBay claim pending) and had the chance to compare the two.  The non-Sparky label is definitely inferior.  It's a nice label, and care was put into designing it, but it's not close to original.  In fact, I don't even think it is made of paper.  It's more of a plastic material.  I scratched my nail across the plastic label and to my surprise the black actually scratched off revealing white underneath.  In shock, I did what any normal person in the world would do.  I scratched at it again.  Again, the black came off and revealed white underneath.  When I say I scratched at it with my nail, it was only a light scratch.  The kind of scratch that might occur just by sliding the case across a floor or coffee table.  For an expensive "$15 dollar custom reproduction label" I can honestly say STAY AWAY.

So I did what I do every time I buy a game with a shitty label.  I remove it, and slap on a Spark-ly new custom Sparky label.  It makes me smile every time.  :)

Thanks again for all the hard work you put into these Sparky!  :clap:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:20:54 PM by FiftyQuid »
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #250 on: November 29, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »
yeah fifty i agree the other guy can shove it. Even though sparky hates ebay i wish he'd sell his there to put that gouger out of business.
Oh yeah and sparky pro tip, clean the old label off with goo gone and then clean the goo gone off with rubbing alcohol for best sticker contact possible for maximum sticker clingage!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

psychobear

« Reply #251 on: November 29, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
I can also say that before I became a member on this forum I ordered some of the ebay ones, and these are 100 times better,

FiftyQuid

« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2012, 05:11:01 AM »
yeah fifty i agree the other guy can shove it. Even though sparky hates ebay i wish he'd sell his there to put that gouger out of business.
Oh yeah and sparky pro tip, clean the old label off with goo gone and then clean the goo gone off with rubbing alcohol for best sticker contact possible for maximum sticker clingage!
I peel off as much of the old label as possible.  Then I spray WD-40 on the case to loosen up the remainder.  After that the tray goes into a soapy sink and gets hand washed to remove any contaminants.  I leave it to dry overnight.  Then I check for any water hiding in the two holes that hold the clear hu clip in place.  After that it's just stick and admire.  :D
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

jelloslug

« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2012, 05:14:23 AM »
I purchased a game with "the other guys" sticker on it and I agree that it's not nearly as high quality as the sparky stickers.  I also use goo gone and then a quick pass with rubbing alcohol before I put the new sticker on.

Sparky

« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2012, 03:16:48 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words guys, and yeah I could sell them on eBay but nah..... F@ck it I hate it that much :P