Author Topic: FS: TurboGrafx 16 Case label Stickers: Large, Small & Duo/CD sets.  (Read 16510 times)

Elder

Should I repurpose an existing game or pick up a tray from Seymor Onion?

No choice.  Seymour hasn't made cases yet.

Yeah what happened with that?  I saw a while back he was looking to make cases, but it was always TBA. 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
I'm sure it's due to cost and predicted demand; it'd cost thousands to have a die made, and he doesn't think he can sell enough at $1 each to ever pay for the initial cost.  Though maybe the numbers would work out if he'd go up in price per unit.  I didn't bat an eye paying a buck each from TZD twenty years ago, so $2 or $3 now doesn't seem unreasonable.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Elder

I'm sure it's due to cost and predicted demand; it'd cost thousands to have a die made, and he doesn't think he can sell enough at $1 each to ever pay for the initial cost.  Though maybe the numbers would work out if he'd go up in price per unit.  I didn't bat an eye paying a buck each from TZD twenty years ago, so $2 or $3 now doesn't seem unreasonable.

Yeah honestly if there was a perfect solution I'd pay a good chunk of change. 

HailingTheThings

I didn't bat an eye paying a buck each from TZD twenty years ago, so $2 or $3 now doesn't seem unreasonable.

Shit, even $4-5 is whatevs, as long as it gets him going so that we longer have to..how do you say..cannibalize* old game cases?

*machine-only term? Or can people use for other thing-ohs?

roflmao

I didn't bat an eye paying a buck each from TZD twenty years ago, so $2 or $3 now doesn't seem unreasonable.

Shit, even $4-5 is whatevs, as long as it gets him going so that we longer have to..how do you say..cannibalize* old game cases?

*machine-only term? Or can people use for other thing-ohs?

Yeah, even the "cheap" games are getting too pricey to cannibalize in good conscience these days. 

I bought a ton of CD cases off Amazon awhile ago that I've been using for spare cases, but if Seymor or Aetherbyte ever release a case, I'll be picking up another Sparky set! :)

FantasyZoneKid7

Down for a large set, pm has been sent.

These are awesome!!!

Elder

Yeah, even the "cheap" games are getting too pricey to cannibalize in good conscience these days. 

I bought a ton of CD cases off Amazon awhile ago that I've been using for spare cases, but if Seymor or Aetherbyte ever release a case, I'll be picking up another Sparky set! :)

Agreed!  Cheap games are no longer cheap and having to eat through 21 cheap games is hardly an option.

HailingTheThings

Took me, for what seemed like forever, to get a decent amount of "blank" cases. I now have enough to cover me, provided, aside from what are referred to as "the 21", I only buy games that include their original cases. Wah wah.

Down for a large set, pm has been sent.

These are awesome!!!

Please.... Please, for the love of all things, please make an introduction before just posting. Eff.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:02:59 PM by HailingTheThings »

Elder

Labels arrived today and they're glorious.  :)

Thanks again!

Elder

Sorry for the double post, but I wasn't sure where best to post this and didn't want to start a new thread on such a potentially niche subject.  I mentioned in this thread before that I have been looking for custom made Turbo inlays or cases for the infamous 21 case-less Turbo releases.  Long story short, everyone said that Seymor Onion wasn't willing to spend the money on such a small return on investment.  I figured I had nothing to lose so I shot them an email asking what the status was of their cases, and got an interesting reply.  Here's the exact quote:

"Hi there,

Are there any HuCard game trays available?

Thanks for the info :)

-Jarrod

----------------------------------

Our HuCard Jewel Cases aren't ready yet.

There's a guy on the www.PCengineFX.com forums, who's working on making some.
We're not going to invest any $ in making our variation, until/unless that guy descides to not make them anymore."

Does anyone know who they're referring to?  I haven't heard of anyone making custom cases on these boards.  I know I could buy a sports game or some other cheap game and simply apply the sticker on the case and be done with it, but part of me would rather not deface a Turbo game, no matter how common it is.  So I'm kind of curious if any of you know who this person was referring to.

Sorry for the thread drift, but I figured this might be interesting to follow up on, and it is sort of related to these awesome custom labels.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Does anyone know who they're referring to?  I haven't heard of anyone making custom cases on these boards.

He's probably talking about jelloslug.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Tommy Vercetti

do you also sell cases?

Sparky

Sorry no, just gut theses sports and keithy cases is your only option right now.

FantasyZoneKid7

I received my set of labels and let me just say.......BETTER then expected!!!

These adhere to the original cases with ease, no air bubbles, lifting,or peeling of any kind. An amazing replacement label indeed.

Sparky

Re: FS: TurboGrafx 16 Case label Stickers… Large, Small & NOW Duo/CD sets...
« Reply #314 on: September 06, 2014, 08:13:10 PM »
Bumping this.