Author Topic: So which one of you is going to make a PCE emulator for DS?  (Read 527 times)

SignOfZeta

OK, with the recent release of an absolutely un-f*cking-believable Neo Geo emulator for DS (NeoDS) I'm now wondering when someone is going to make a PCE emulator just as wonderful. I realize its only a matter of time, but I really don't want to wait 8 years or whatever. I get board and work I and I can't afford an LT+CDROM2 set-up.

turbokon

Re: So which one of you is going to make a PCE emulator for DS?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 01:05:09 AM »
Forget the DS, what about the a PCE emulator for the Iphone.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

nodtveidt

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 01:09:44 AM »
iPhone? People actually use those worthless pieces of trash?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 03:00:32 AM »
Wasn't there a pretty decent PCE emulator for the Advance?  If so, I imagine that it'll be updated for the DS soon enough or is capable on running on the DS anyway.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

turbokon

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 03:20:44 AM »
Hey, hey, you're hurting my feelings.  I have one and I think it's a good piece of trash :lol:
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 06:12:07 AM »

Well, I don't have one, but a shitload of other people do. Its the best selling phone ever, and considering the insane price thats pretty impressive. Its pretty f*cking great, IMO, its just way way too expensive right now.

Now the iPhone is way more powerful that a DS, so it could, in theory, do a much better job with its nice screen and all, but controlling it would suuuuuuck, so I'd rather have it on DS.

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »
Wasn't there a pretty decent PCE emulator for the Advance?  If so, I imagine that it'll be updated for the DS soon enough or is capable on running on the DS anyway.

??? If this is true I would like some info on it!
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

grahf

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 01:23:55 PM »
Its not DS, but

The recent version of Temper (Turbografx EMulator PEr Request) for the gp2x now has CD support (iso+ogg). Even Arcade card. Pretty damn impressive! It runs everything full speed. Most of the time, even when underclocked substantially. F'in perfect emulation too. If your a PCE fan, this emulator alone justifies getting a gp2x. I played about 6 hours of Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu II on my flight from Japan last week.  :mrgreen:

malducci

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 06:13:17 PM »
Its not DS, but

The recent version of Temper (Turbografx EMulator PEr Request) for the gp2x now has CD support (iso+ogg). Even Arcade card. Pretty damn impressive! It runs everything full speed. Most of the time, even when underclocked substantially. F'in perfect emulation too. If your a PCE fan, this emulator alone justifies getting a gp2x. I played about 6 hours of Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu II on my flight from Japan last week.  :mrgreen:

The author(Exo) of Temper has been doing series of tests and what not to get accurate emulation. I hope he figures out the Popful Mail problem. No emulators handle it properly and the ones that do are have hacks in place to work around it. Keeping my fingers crossed for a PC port (if you're reading this Exo, yeah - you!).

grahf

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure there already is a pc port, which he did a lot of the development on. I dont know if he released it/plans on releasing it though..

CosMind

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 06:56:13 AM »
Now the iPhone is way more powerful that a DS, so it could, in theory, do a much better job with its nice screen and all, but controlling it would suuuuuuck, so I'd rather have it on DS.

the iphone is waaaaay more powerful than even the PSP :shock:
it's a flipping monster.
but, yeah, it's definitely far less than adequate for controlling games that were designed for d-pad and button controls.

malducci

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 07:45:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure there already is a pc port, which he did a lot of the development on. I dont know if he released it/plans on releasing it though..

I had asked him to do a public PC release. I hope he does :)