Author Topic: Star Soldier R (WiiWare & High Scores!)  (Read 1250 times)

ceti alpha

Re: Star Soldier R (WiiWare & High Scores!)
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 08:24:55 AM »
After playing a few more times I seem to have topped out with 981,800, 13th place in the western US. For some inexplicable reason it bothers me to no end I am beaten out in score by some guy named "STONER."

haha nat. Maybe weed is the key to the 2 million.  :P

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 12:31:10 PM »
I think nat must be confusing the 2 million scores with 5 minute mode because I didn't see any scores reaching 2 million in 2 minute mode.

By the way, you can look for your high score on the official online chart here - http://www.hudson.co.jp/ww/starsoldier/usa/e/ranking/ranking_j2_01.html (pictures no longer necessary). My current is 904,600, still need to find all the tricks!

I'd also like to share that I tapped the button 10 times per second in this game awhile back  :mrgreen: .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »
Yeah, I went dyslexic on the numbers or something. The highest score for 2 minute isn't really all that much higher than mine, just over a million maybe.

esteban

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 02:38:55 PM »
I think nat must be confusing the 2 million scores with 5 minute mode because I didn't see any scores reaching 2 million in 2 minute mode.

By the way, you can look for your high score on the official online chart here - http://www.hudson.co.jp/ww/starsoldier/usa/e/ranking/ranking_j2_01.html (pictures no longer necessary). My current is 904,600, still need to find all the tricks!

I'd also like to share that I tapped the button 10 times per second in this game awhile back  :mrgreen: .

Check out the world rankings.

Game players, especially here in the States, simply can't compare to our Japanese brethren.
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 03:00:28 PM »
Yeah I always like to compare the regional scores to the worldwide scores whenever I play just to see the entire list filled with "JPN"  :mrgreen: .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

geise

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 02:08:48 AM »
That's to be expected though.  I'm sure there's a hell of a lot more Japanese players that have dled the game compared to other world countries.  Therefore, a lot more people being on the list.  I still need to pick this up.  I was disappointed when it wasn't a full game, but this high score ranking could make me pretty addicted.  Must...get...better...score...*mashes button furiously*

ceti alpha

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 02:12:35 AM »
That's to be expected though.  I'm sure there's a hell of a lot more Japanese players that have dled the game compared to other world countries.  Therefore, a lot more people being on the list.  I still need to pick this up.  I was disappointed when it wasn't a full game, but this high score ranking could make me pretty addicted.  Must...get...better...score...*mashes button furiously*

I think it's great that the whole "trying to get the high score" thing is starting to make a resurgence. First person shooters can be fun, but there's nothing like trying to beat a high score.  8)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

geise

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2008, 01:39:16 AM »
I remember when shooters were just shooters.  They didn't have to be labled shoot em ups, so not to be confused with FPS games.

venom5150

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 10:36:33 AM »
Hello Guys.  First post as i just joined.  I have been a long time pcenginefx.com follower just never signed up till recently.  Anyways, I just got Wii a few weeks ago and I am hooked on Star Solider  my new high score is. I am ranked  66 under name VENOM  997,500 Northwestern.  I am actually in the southwestern region but since all of you are on the northwestern, i switched.  Ranked #9 for the region as of a few days ago.  http://www.hudson.co.jp/ww/starsoldier/usa/e/ranking/ranking_j2_02.html  I am so hooked that I purchase the PSP version (looks like a remake of Final Soldier) and the N64 version a few hours on ebay.