Author Topic: Star Soldier R (WiiWare & High Scores!)  (Read 1251 times)

Pcenginefx

Star Soldier R (WiiWare & High Scores!)
« on: May 19, 2008, 08:17:17 AM »

Star Soldier R has been released for WiiWare and is now available in the US:

But before you spend $8+ on it, it ONLY has a 2min and 5min high-score play modes.  There is NO "story" mode and there are only two levels :(
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:10:06 PM by Pcenginefx »
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

nat

Re: Star Soldier R (WiiWare)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 08:19:09 AM »
Have you played it yet Aaron?

I'm planning on downloading it today and giving it a spin.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 09:13:06 AM »
I'm thinking about it, but not having a full game for that amount of money is a huge disappointment.  For the same amount of money I can buy a X360 casual game that is not only a "full game" but has online play as well.  This really should have cost 400 points max...
//Aaron

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »
700 Wii Points is fair for this game I think. Full game would've been nice, but I have a feeling they would've skimped out on it if they had. The world rankings makes this a lot of fun.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Lochlan

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 05:27:11 PM »
Holy cow this game is amazing.  The leader boards have made this painfully addictive for me.  So far I'm ranked 12 in the Northwestern US in 2-minute mode with a score of around 835000 or so.  (I'm on the 5-min one too, but my score isn't great because I only played it once)  Look for me on the leaderboards as "Loch" :P

Does anybody have any tips for beating the second boss?  I've only played him once but I couldn't figure out how to beat him, even though I had TONS of time left over.

And does anybody know if it's more/less advantageous score-wise to destroy boss parts on the first boss?  I *think* they should be destroyed for more points but I'm not positive.

700 Wii Points is fair for this game I think.

(It's actually 800 points, FYI)
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »
The highest score for 2min mode I've seen is 1,070,000 something if I remember right......I might need to get this.
//Aaron

nat

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 05:58:48 PM »
I still haven't downloaded it, but I will tomorrow.

Lochlan and Aaron, look for me coming to a scoreboard near you.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 09:09:39 PM »
Best I could do tonight...I'm "PCEFX" BTW.

//Aaron

nat

Re: Star Soldier R (WiiWare & High Scores!)
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 12:09:58 PM »
I know I already should have this judging by my previous post, but I really will be downloading this tonight after Indiana Jones, and..... It's on!!!

nat

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 08:56:55 AM »
Aaron-- four places ahead of you in the northwestern ranking.... Come catch me  :P

nat

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 09:58:07 AM »
I've been bumped down to 18th place in the Northwestern region over the past couple weeks. I can't do better than about 950,000. There are some people with scores near 2 million.

I'd consider myself pretty good at this-- what am I missing? I've got all the no brainer stuff (destroy the circle guy from the inside, destroy each piece of the boss before the core, destroy both the eyes simultaneously, etc). What else is there? I must be missing something huge if some people are coming away with nearly double my score.

Pcenginefx

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
Probably what's left is get every single piece of flying junk you can collect...only then will you become a Soldier Blade GOD!

I've not tried since I last posted.....will revisit soon.
//Aaron

Keranu

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 03:44:05 PM »
Jesus, people are getting 2 million points now?

Quote from: nat
destroy each piece of the boss before the core
Does this really give you more points? I used to always think so but one time I decided just to take out the boss as fast as I could and it seemed like I got more points because of the time bonus.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »
If you can do it fast piece-by-piece it gives you more points because you get the time bonus AND the bonus for each piece.  :D

nat

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 06:47:32 AM »
After playing a few more times I seem to have topped out with 981,800, 13th place in the western US. For some inexplicable reason it bothers me to no end I am beaten out in score by some guy named "STONER."