Author Topic: Mindrec.com? What the heck is up?  (Read 319 times)

Jammaniaclord

Mindrec.com? What the heck is up?
« on: May 25, 2008, 08:58:52 PM »
I know people in these communities are working on the games from this homebrew developer, but we never see updates even on the blog anymore, and i love seeing the progress of these exciting new games. So can anyone update that site, or is there a link for all the progress that i have no clue to. I know i know.......you guys post updates here, but i think mindrec's site could use an update being that these titles are coming from them. I've got my money ready man! How are these new titles coming? Are we going to see a release on any one title soon? Ok i will shut the hell up now.
PC Cocoron Hunter

Keranu

Re: Mindrec.com? What the heck is up?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:22:06 PM »
BT Garner is a very busy man, but I still think he should try to update his site from time-to-time. I can tell you though that MindRec games are still being worked on, at least graphically. Fragmare has been working hard and practically all by himself on the graphics for the two upcomming MindRec games PC Gunjin and Xymati and he shows off his latest work on #utopiasoft on EFnet often. Even if the games take a decade to make, I can tell you that the graphics are really, really top notch. You can find just a little bit of his work here - http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/7851.htm . Hopefully MindRec can make regular updates for everyone to see because they are certainly still alive and working.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nodtveidt

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:11:53 PM »
Last I heard, bt was recovering from eye surgery as well.

geepee16

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 08:21:55 PM »
Bt's hands are full to say the least.  also remember that mindrec does other things aside form games.  in any case,  I can tell you this:  he's never far from the turbo scene.  since he set up the TML 15 years ago, he's always been aware of happenings.  it is true he just had a serious eye operation so, considering all the cool things he's done for the community (eg mindrec games, tml, pcecp, helping the TMLers get the flash carts and more), we can be patient and wish him the best.

Jammaniaclord

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 04:00:40 PM »
Man what a bummer about the eye surgery! I pray he is recovering well though! I really really cannot wait to play these new awesome titles. I love the homebrew scene for PC Engine, and probably always will. Don't take my venting as offense, i really do appreciate all the hard work y'all do, i just get excited to see creativity coming up on a dead, but beautiful system, and being an artist, it's hard to contain my euphoria at new fancy eye candy.
PC Cocoron Hunter