Author Topic: WANTED: TG-16 & PC-Engine magazines (03.05.05 update)  (Read 503 times)

esteban

WANTED: TG-16 & PC-Engine magazines (03.05.05 update)
« on: January 05, 2005, 04:47:34 AM »
UPDATED ON MARCH 8, 2005:
1. TurboEdge Newsletters (any!) -- these are the high-priority items since I will soon have all the other TG-16 periodicals (well, scans of them... of course I'm still looking for some issues for my personal collection).

2. Alan Hunter mini-poster (see link below).  I have never seen this item.  Anyone have it?

If you are inclined, go see all of my   Wanted Items

cheers!
  |    | 

doomfarer75

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 01:27:22 PM »
I do have a few old egms from 91 -92 that I could try to scan for you the PCE and turbo stuff...some articles..I don't know anyone with a scanner but I'll figure something out.. even a VG&CE  with zelda on the cover and some  breaking articles I have seen on the turbo and genesis..which were forthcoming at that time.  My friend may have some old turboplays or duoworlds...I'll see if he has #2...let me know what you are looking for-Josh
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

esteban

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 08:13:02 PM »
Quote from: "doomfarer75"
I do have a few old egms from 91 -92 that I could try to scan for you the PCE and turbo stuff...some articles..I don't know anyone with a scanner but I'll figure something out.. even a VG&CE  with zelda on the cover and some  breaking articles I have seen on the turbo and genesis..which were forthcoming at that time.  My friend may have some old turboplays or duoworlds...I'll see if he has #2...let me know what you are looking for-Josh

hi! and thanks for your offer :)

1. the list on my website needs a slight update.  I would love scans of DUOWORLD # 2 (sept / oct  1993) .  I am also looking for good scans of turboforce # 2  (I have scans for this issue, which I'll make available on my site soon, but I want to upgrade them as soon as possible).

2. If you are able to scan Turbo / Duo stuff from your collection, that would be super.  Even if you can't scan it, I would be very happy if you posted: magazine name, issue #, page number, brief description of turbo content.

3. I will be compiling my own list (using the same format), and posting it at pcenginefx (and magicengine) boards once i start going through my old magazines and cataloguing them (2 weeks?).  Any info you can contribute to this process would be greatly appreciated.

Once I have a decent list, I'll see if other web communities can add to it (i.e. turbolist).

Ultimately, this list (and scans) will become part of the "TG-16 Preservation" site I am currently working on.  

whew, that was a rambling post!
  |    | 

Sprout

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 09:34:44 AM »
...I'll need to go digging through my attic, but I'm pretty sure I still have copies of all of the TurboPlay issues...

Not interested in selling them, but can provide scans of issues/missing pages as necessary...  Unless bugs have gotten into them, they should all be pretty mint.

I don't remember what other TG16 documentation I have, but have a large number of VGCE issues as well that may have some TG16 stuff as well; I want to say it contained reviews of TG stuff before TurboPlay was launched..

Edit - have all except #13; can't seem to find it :P  Found issue#3 of Duoworld, TurboForce #1 & #2, Vol 1 & 2 of "Club Turbo Catalog of Games", along with a few promotional mailings with various brochures/handouts.

I can otherwise confirm that you'll definitely find TG16 content/reviews in VGCE (Video Games & Computer Entertainment) - I just checked.

esteban

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 03:58:32 PM »
General update:  I've started cataloging my old magazines for TG16 / PCE content and I have found quite a bit of stuff so far.  so far, it's primarily 92-94 coverage... which sucks because it's the earlier, 1989-1992 coverage that I would love. please note: my grammar sucks.  

Quote from: "Sprout"

Edit - have all except #13; can't seem to find it :P  Found issue#3 of Duoworld, TurboForce #1 & #2, Vol 1 & 2 of "Club Turbo Catalog of Games", along with a few promotional mailings with various brochures/handouts.

Thanks for looking :)  I will have all of these items available online in the next few weeks (well, I might only have 1 of the Club Turbo Catalogs)... but I am curious about the mailings and brochures you may have.  Even a short description of the items would be greatly appreciated.

You don't have any issues of TURBO EDGE (TG-16 newsletter), do you?

I can otherwise confirm that you'll definitely find TG16 content/reviews in VGCE (Video Games & Computer Entertainment) - I just checked.

totally.  VG&CE loved the PC engine and TG-16.  I'm looking for this:
VG & CE April 1989 -- This issue has a feature... a sneek peek at the PC-Engine.  Please tell me you have this issue.

VG & CE May 1989 -- well, it might be simply a SHORT blurb, but the PCE CD-ROM2 peripheral is mentioned in this issue... hopefully it's a nice article and not simply a 5 sentence news blurb.
  |    | 

Sprout

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 05:04:08 PM »
Sorry; 1/91 appears to be about the earliest VG&CE I have; I may have more, but not sure - don't think I was involved w/ them earlier than that though.  Otherwise have every issue for the next 2 or 3 years I believe.

Other stuff is basically direct mailing from TTI (Turbo Technologies Inc), and includes various product slicks; TurboDuo flyer, list of TurboChip & CD games, game discounts when purchased through TurboZone, flyer for SuperValis IV, Super System card brochure, and yet another brochure for the TurboDuo..

Don't see any of the Turbo Edge newsletters; will dig around some more to see if I ever had any.

esteban

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 10:30:06 PM »
Other stuff is basically direct mailing from TTI (Turbo Technologies Inc), and includes various product slicks; TurboDuo flyer, list of TurboChip & CD games, game discounts when purchased through TurboZone, flyer for SuperValis IV, Super System card brochure, and yet another brochure for the TurboDuo..

Don't see any of the Turbo Edge newsletters; will dig around some more to see if I ever had any.

All of those sound neat... but the SUPER VALIS IV flyer... I've never seen that.  Please tell me more!  Is it for SNES... because I don't think TTi even announced Valis IV for stateside release...

thanks in advance :)  I appreciate your help.
  |    | 

Sprout

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 04:01:15 AM »
My bad; you're correct - it was for the SNES version; that flyer slipped in with the others (I've got a lot of various flyers from the period).  Didn't notice until I double-checked  :?

I'll try and get the other stuff scanned in sometime soon and forward it your way.

esteban

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 07:37:28 AM »
Before you scan, let me check to see if I have some of that stuff already (I don't want you to toil needlessly!)

for example, the SuperSystem Card 3.0 upgrade flyer (i remember receiving that one)... I think it was double sided, but they used one of the sides for print ads... like this one:
Super System Card 3.0 advertisement
(I just prepared that page last night.  it's page 32 -- back cover -- for TurboForce # 3... the entire issue will soon be online)
so maybe I just need that other side...

anyway, one sentence descriptions of each item should suffice.

if possible, scan at 300 dpi and save as a .bmp file (or a similar format that keeps raw image intact).  otherwise, if you save as a .jpg... please choose the "maximum highest quality" setting :)

this will create huge files, but they allow me enough room to manipulate them (i.e. if there is a small portion of a catalog I want to enlarge... and have it still look nice and sharp).

I'll send you a PM now... thanks again!
  |    |