Author Topic: teh "what did you buy today"-thread  (Read 387762 times)

MissaFX

Re: teh "what did you buy today"-thread
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2008, 05:20:03 AM »
Got a Supergrafx in box with Daimakaimura for $70. 

Wow, that's a great deal!
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

ceti alpha

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2008, 05:34:53 AM »

Wow, that's a great deal!

Holy tamoli! That's crazy!  :clap:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sparky

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2008, 11:56:42 AM »

my god that looks minty fresh, i am erect typing this :P

TR0N

« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2008, 04:04:42 PM »
Yesterday i won me two famicom games cib though the price was high  :oops: Though i think,it came down to a bunch of bid snipeing at the last mintue or so  :twisted:

Akumanjo Dracula II
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290241740566
Mario Bros
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290241741824

Well at least i won't have to worry about getting the games from the seller.

At most i all ways hear good things about japan-games.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SignOfZeta

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2008, 04:41:49 PM »
The other day I bought a copy of Star Breaker from Hit Japan. I didn't know the thing existed until Insert Credit made mention of Rayforce's site still being up. I toured it and learned that it was RF's last PC Engine game. I'm hoping to love it as much as I loved Startling Odyssey 2.

In case you are interested: http://rayforce.nsrf.co.jp/h_r/opening.html

nat

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2008, 04:43:13 PM »
Why the hell is the JP Famicom Mario Bros. so much? I would think it would cost pennies. The US version is like 50 cents.

TR0N

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2008, 04:52:22 PM »
Why the hell is the JP Famicom Mario Bros. so much? I would think it would cost pennies. The US version is like 50 cents.
It's the box that is comes in is the reason and it was sold in a limted fasion.

Then (Mario Bros) was sold again in a gray box and is much more common and cheaper.

Far from what i know about it.

Though i supose if i got it from jgs it would have been cheaper,but i didn't think it would end that high.

Another thing it's not uncommon for "famicom version of games" can go for more then it's nes counter part.

Just look up what SMB3 go's for and you know what i mean.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:56:18 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Sparky

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »
i got a mix bag of fun today… in the maily me gots from count Smirnoff :P a minty complete System 3.0 card for the PCE and well packed!!! also Clock Tower 3 for a buddy of mine, i liked this game but got some bad reviews.

Also for the NES… Athletic World with a double freak'n side mat which i need to test out and have never seen, really minty and a cheap buy, hope to get me body tight for the summer with this biatch :P or trade it off!!!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2008, 07:05:46 PM »
*drumroll*
I did it, I really went out and did it...I bought a 50 dollar PC-E game!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GALAXY-FRAULEIN-YUNA-pc-engine-SCD-JPN_W0QQitemZ300136931095QQihZ020QQcategoryZ11988QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have been looking at it on dreamstars for gawd knows how long and today I offered Toshi 50 dollars to end the listing and to sell to me for 50 dollars flat with EMS shipping.  I feel like a bit of a fool spending so much on a single game, but I think this really is a rare item which wasn't even listed as rare...how *cough* rare is that on ebay!? :shock:

The world of Huvideo, here I come!

Sunofabitch...I used to own that. I bought it from TZD for $50 or so when it first came out. I sold it for $40 or something like that a year or two later. I've been sort of looking for it lately but haven't seen it. I had no idea it was worth money. Of course, if it sat at a $60 BIN for a year, maybe it isn't really worth that much, eh?

Its not really a "special edition" by the normal definition. Its a reprint from when Yuna 2 came out. The only difference is the extra CD, which is a 3 minute HuVideo OVA. I think it cost 1000 yen less than the original at release. Not sure. They didn't even bother to redesign the sleeve for a double case. As you can see, it doesn't quite fit. There is a really nice special edition Yuna 1 remake on Saturn that is super fancy.

For a Yuna fan this reprint is a must, and hey, why not? Yuna stuff is cheap really, $60 is probably the most expensive thing out there. The "gameplay" (such as it is) is slightly better in the first Yuna game even if the graphics in Yuna 2 are way way better.

The best Yuna game, IMO, is Yuna 3 for Saturn because its...actually a game. An isometric strategy game in fact.

Tom Phobos

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2008, 11:40:27 PM »
Not today, but on monday i got my US-TG16 :) Before i only had japanese systems, now i can also play US-titles :)
Actually my only US-hucard is the system card 3.0 (good for testing, bad gor gaming :wink: ), but Neutopia is on its way and will arrive next week.
I bought the TG16 as a naked system, w/o ac-adapter and pad, but with RGB-mod. The ac-adapter is no problem, i use the adapter from my megadrive. So the only thing i actually need is a pad. Fortunally a dealer here in germany sells pads new and boxed for 15 Euro. So soon i can enjoy all the US-games (and hope, that someone sells a US magical chase for under $20 :lol: :wink: )

Tatsujin

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2008, 03:28:07 AM »
some cool stuff get :)

www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

CosMind

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2008, 06:37:35 AM »
the bargain bin at best buy tapped me on the shoulder as i was checking out with the new gotham knight anime collection on dvd.
i turned around to see what the bin wanted, and it said, "you should take home this megaman zx advent (ds) for a mere $14.99.  naturally i replied, "why, i do say that i'll have to take you up on your offer, good sir bargain bin."

later in the day i hit up play-asia.com's summer sale and grabbed kururin squash! (gcn) for around 15 bones.

**note that the "!" in that title isn't me adding exciting emphasis.  it's actually part of the title proper.  however, it does warrant exciting emphasis :wink:

SuperDeadite

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2008, 10:48:47 PM »
Pulstar  :dance: :dance: :dance:

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2008, 02:51:17 AM »

25$ DUO-R ^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2008, 03:23:13 AM »
25$ DUO-R ^^

Nice one, tatsujin.  How much was the RX pad, or was it part of the Duo-R deal?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles