Author Topic: stuck in Ys book I  (Read 262 times)

pc_kid

stuck in Ys book I
« on: January 14, 2005, 10:24:02 AM »
I seem to be stuck in the first book of YS.  I'm playing the jpn version Cd-rom2.  Anyway, Sarah, the fortuneteller who is also the first person you meet in the game, is supposed to give Adol a crystal after visiting her a second time.  However, when she doesn't do this, she keeps repeating the same text every time.  I think you are supposed to present the crystal to her sister and get the key.  Is there something that I am not doing right?  

thank you

Nutribrain

stuck in Ys book I
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 12:19:14 AM »
If I remember right, it's been about one decade ago since I played the game, you have to go into the woods and find the crystal. But better try to consult a FAQ...

I've done this for you and found the following:
"There, a fortune-teller named Sara will tell
you of the peril of the land of Ys, and instruct you to buy some equipment.
Leave the building and go north until you come to a building that says "Pim"
in cursive writing. Go in and buy a Sapphire Ring. Leave and go directly to
your right until you come to the bar (It says "Bar" on it). Go in and talk to
the One-Eyed Man. He'll take the Ring and give you 1500 Gold and 50
Experience Points. A free Level Up! Woo!"

Found at http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/turbocd/file/ys_i_and_ii_a.txt

Black Tiger

stuck in Ys book I
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 07:12:55 PM »
You need to buy a set of equipment, ie: sword, armor, shield and equip them.

The fastest way to start the game is to walk out into the countryside naked, save constantly if you have to, and search the lake to find the Golden Vase(or whatever).

Sell in in Parm's shop and use the money to buy the Ring. Give the ring to the Guy in the Bar and he'll give you more than you paid for it.

Now you can buy an extra good sword, plus a shield & armor. Equip them, talk to Sara and she'll give you the Crystal(either that or her Mother in Zeptis Village does). Regardless, the EXP bonus you get will have you on the 3rd level by now without touching a single enemy.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum