Author Topic: A little ebay advice...  (Read 316 times)

geepee16

A little ebay advice...
« on: June 27, 2008, 01:47:11 AM »
i was just browsing the FX pages on ebay and i feel it necessary to give you all a little heads up on something.  now, i am not one to make a lot of noise about ebay because there are lots of deals there and lots of good people on there trying to get as much as they can- either in the form of money or bargains.  but,  i just saw something that is just too much for me.  there is a seller on there now called cschena who looks as though he/she runs a clean operation.  the stuff looks great and there is a guarantee involved with all of their purchases.  but those prices are beyond outrageous, and it's not just this seller. japan all-stars - despite the occasional bargain - is a little overpriced also.  it OK to buy fro mthese people if you are impatient or desperate to get that game you want/need but i think that with a litle patience, you will save a lot of money.  i mean,  i just saw BATTLE HEAT for $43 which is insane.  Angelique Special for $38 and Team Innocent for $48 is bad.  it's bad for this community and it's bad for the FX scene.  these games are generally at or under $15.  i bought two copies of angelique the other day for $3 each.  Graduation II is listed at $42!  i've seen it going for $5 for a long time.  granted: it's here in japan.  but for those of you tempted or who just don't know a lot about what constitutes fair-pricing, my heavens, this is not it and don't think for a moment it's worth it.
it's not everybody!
let me say again -and more clearly- that these are probably 'honest' sellers.  their stuff is legit but i know what it's like to try and fill out a collection and assume ebay is indicative of a fair price at times.  beware my friends...there be sharks in the FX tank. there, i've said my piece.

MissaFX

Re: A little ebay advice...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 05:26:10 AM »
The best ebay advice is to stay away from ebay.

And holy crap, those games are TOTALLY overpriced.  I paid close to 10 dollars ON EBAY for several of the titles you mentioned.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 05:57:32 AM »

And holy crap, those games are TOTALLY overpriced.  I paid close to 10 dollars ON EBAY for several of the titles you mentioned.

Bit of a contradiction here, eh?  I'd say stay away from overprice buy it now auctions, as decent deals can be had for the patient.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MissaFX

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 06:18:09 AM »

Bit of a contradiction here, eh?  I'd say stay away from overprice buy it now auctions, as decent deals can be had for the patient.

I never said I take my own advice, I just said it is the best advice :wink:
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

atreyu

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 05:13:22 PM »
japan all-stars is a great seller!! I have done about 20+ transactions with this seller and even though a little pricey everything I have gotten from them is in pristine shape. I for one am very impatient and don't like to wait. If I buy a game it is because i have already played it on my PCE-Pro. Now though pricey as stated they are actually moderate priced compared to some. There is a seller from Hawaii that has a lot of great stuff but is WAY OVER on prices. I mean 600 USD for a Turbo DUO with 2 games!!! Now that is ridiculos!!!

geepee16

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 05:25:52 PM »
japan all stars is a great seller and a nice guy.  i'm just thinking about those newbies out there who may not be familiar with pricing for the pc-fx/pce.  80% of jas' prices are way over what they should be.  i personally don't like because it creates problems for people who genuinely want to buy, trade and play games when they guage the value of a game based on the extreme prices a few people try to sell it for. a lot of the games i mentioned above are by no means rare or even hard-to-find yet someone out there is preying on new owners wh are desperate to get games in to their collections and i only meant to let them know what they are really paying is way too much.  it's okay to make a conscious decision to pay too much for something you really want: i've done it several times before because i got tired of looking/waiting.  but $48 for team innocent's starting price is a crime imo.  if those guys can sell games at those prices, great for them (and for all sellers) but, if you're someone with a shiny FX system waiting to be played and you spend $50 for a $15 game without really knowing what has happened, you would feel pretty unhappy about that i bet.