Author Topic: (PC Soft, 3 Copies) Digital Dreamware - New In Box!  (Read 316 times)

MissaFX

(PC Soft, 3 Copies) Digital Dreamware - New In Box!
« on: July 17, 2008, 07:45:48 AM »
Hello guys,
I have come across a few copies of Digital Dreamware for the PC brand new in box, with the wrap still on.  If you want to own this quirky title, now is the time.  Trip back to 1994 when DOS was known for graphical demo excellence and enjoy the techno beats :dance:

Minimum Requirements:
386 DX 25 or 386 SX 33
2MB RAM
MSCDEX.exe compatable Single Spin CD-ROM Drive or better
VGA Graphics Card
Mouse
Sound Card

Supported OSs:
MS Dos 6 or newer
Win 9x

Via DOS Box:
WinNT --> Win2003

I have been unable to get it to run in Vista so far because the PC with Vista does not have a MSCDEX compatable CD drive.  But if you have an older drive (2007 or older) it will probably work if you mess with the .bat files and burn a custom CD (you have to combine a few lines from run.bat into the beginning of dd.bat, then burn a new CD, load off DD.bat)  If the windows 98 startup disc lets you access your CD drive, it is MSCDEX compatable.  This is a very easy way to check unless the drive is a few years old or older, then it should probably work 99% of the time.

This CD also works as a music CD :D

I am going to sell these babies for $10.50 each (via PayPal), with shipping included.  One per person.  I reserve the right to do business with or without whom I choose, blah, blah, blah.  Oh and I only have 2 good shipping boxes atm, I am working on finding a 3rd right now to fit the last game. 

Lastly, the carpet as shown in the pic is not for sale :wink:
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

td741

Re: (PC Soft, 3 Copies) Digital Dreamware - New In Box!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 08:54:31 AM »
It doesn't work in DOSBOX?

MissaFX

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 09:02:41 AM »
It doesn't work in DOSBOX?

Supported OSs:
MS Dos 6 or newer
Win 9x

Via DOS Box:
WinNT --> Win2003

It _probably_ works in Vista too Via DOS Box, but as I said, I cannot test that myself so I am not going to just make something up and say it does.

The program also requires MSCDEX.exe to be loaded into the ram even though you would not normally need this in DOSbox, which is why I mention your CD drive must be compatable with MSCDEX.exe.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:05:12 AM by Missa »
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

guyjin

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 09:57:27 AM »
Trip back to 1994 when DOS was known for graphical demo excellence

LOL  :roll:
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:37:07 AM »
What the heck kind of game is this, pray tell?

LOL  :roll:

Nonsense, indeed.  I didn't know that you were a Welshmen.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MissaFX

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 10:52:33 AM »
What the heck kind of game is this, pray tell?

It's not a game, it is a very old, but real time generated music to visualizations type program.  It does stuff superior to anything I have seen on the PS1 in this reguard.  The visualizations are real time and different each time you watch, but they are linked to tracks on the CD.  You cannot play your own music without ripping in the CD, putting your own audio tracks in tracks 2-9 and then re-burning the CD.  I've talked about this title a LOT on this forum so I guess I assumed it needed no introduction.  It's super retro goodness which often gets cool reactions from people when they see it.

A sealed copy easly goes for 20-25 dollars on ebay from a reasonable seller for the PC or 3DO version.  It is DOS software though, not windows and it uses DOS4GW.  So you may or may not have to know how to do the most basic edits to a BAT file to make it run if your OS or hardware is VASTLY different from normal 386 --> P4 stuff.  Knowledge of the emulator DOSbox might be helpful getting it to run if you have a very new OS.  I say all this so someone who has vista on their laptop, who has never used DOS before, doesn't buy one from me expecting it to autorun and load up.