Author Topic: turbografx 16 AC adapter & modding question  (Read 457 times)

kitkit.com

turbografx 16 AC adapter & modding question
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:30:32 AM »
1st question
I recently found a US turbografx 16 system but it's missing an AC adapter.  What is the specification of the original US turbografx 16 AC adapter?  Can I use an AC adapter of another system (ie Nintendo, PC Engine)? 

2nd question:
I am interested in getting my PC Engine Duo R or Super Grafx modded to play US TG Hucard games.  Who offer this modding service on this here? How much am I looking at?

Thanks in advance!

atr3yu

Re: turbografx 16 AC adapter & modding question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 01:46:08 PM »
As for the PSU the owner of the site has them here for 10 bucks, go to the main page and go to the store. Or go to TZD.com but be warry they are known for horrible everything. As for the region mod I think the standard going rate is $50 bucks and only like two people do them here as D-Lite turned out to be a... well it's not my place. I know NAT does and another gent does here also. My modder did it for me for $12 as that was parts as he built the PCB etc. himself with some multiplexer's and such. I can ask him if he would do yours. BTW you got three itmes from me off of ebay 2 loose hucard and a 3D0 game, why no feedback? Is something wrong? I left some for you..... :( I am trying to get a good seller account gong on but no one leaves feedback even after I do, what's up with that.

Zeon

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 01:52:06 PM »
For the US tg-16 according the the back of the console itself, it  uses a 10.5V center negative dc adapter. A genesis 1 adapter (important a model 2 will NOT work) or equivalent will work just fine. In my experience model 1 genny adapter can range from 9 volts to 10.5 volts. Also a genny model one adapter can be used to power a jaguar  and possibly a nes, and if you have a third party one with a two tips, a snes and sega cd as well.

As far as a region mod goes, nat would normally be your guy, but he seems to be missing as of late. He is probably just busy atm. If he can't take you I probably could, as I am no stranger to console mods. Although it would have to be after sometime in mid august, and no guarantees I will take you. There is also another member who recently took up doing mods, but i haven't heard from his endeavors in a while either, turbo something i believe it was.

atr3yu

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »
Yea turbo something I pm him but got no response, it isn't turbo d for sure though.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 03:11:42 PM »
Turbokon is the other guy offering the service. He is supposed to do quality work just like Nat. Yea Nats been mia for a few days. Something serious must have come up,or he is just burned out and taking a break.

kitkit.com

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 03:13:22 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies!  I will probably use my Sega Genesis AC adapter for now.  In the long run, I am gonna to order from the owner of this site.  I assume the AC adapter they are selling is original, made by NEC.

As for region mod, I am not in a hurry. 

atr3yu, sorry for not leaving feedback soon enough. I haven't tested out the SF Turbo on 3DO yet.  I will leave you FD once I am done. Thanks!

turbokon

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 03:31:45 PM »
Yea turbo something I pm him but got no response, it isn't turbo d for sure though.
  I PM you back, sorry for the delay in response.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Lochlan

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 10:39:12 PM »
2nd question:
I am interested in getting my PC Engine Duo R or Super Grafx modded to play US TG Hucard games.  Who offer this modding service on this here? How much am I looking at?

Kit,

FYI, it's my understanding that modding a Super Grafx to play US Hucards causes problems with Aldynes.  I believe it's playable, but it causes problems with the demo.  IIRC his is based on something Dean said to the Turbo list.

If you can't get somebody to install a region switch that will open/short pin 29 (IIRC) I would just stick to a mod on your Duo.
I'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

hoobs88

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 03:13:45 AM »
1st question
I recently found a US turbografx 16 system but it's missing an AC adapter.

I have an extra AC adapter for the TG-16 system. It is an official NEC brand. PM me if you're interested.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

kitkit.com

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »

FYI, it's my understanding that modding a Super Grafx to play US Hucards causes problems with Aldynes.  I believe it's playable, but it causes problems with the demo.  IIRC his is based on something Dean said to the Turbo list.

If you can't get somebody to install a region switch that will open/short pin 29 (IIRC) I would just stick to a mod on your Duo.

Thanks for the infor Lochlan,
I might not mod the Super Grafx if that's the case.  Maybe modding Shuttle or Duo R is the way to go  :roll:

atr3yu

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
DUO-RX FTW!!! The controller is to die for!!! No other 6 button DUO is quite like that, and it is nice to have a matching set. I do however have a DUO that is region modded for sale all factory parts and pads etc. PM me if you are interested. I just installed a new Hop-3 laser in it also as I thought it was dead but turned out to be a piece of plastic stick in the cd drive gears, so since it was opened and my DUO-RX already has one I replaced it. I have receipt of both lasers being purchased at the same time for proof.