Author Topic: Shooter parodies  (Read 603 times)

doomfarer75

Shooter parodies
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 02:14:22 PM »
Hey...stevek666,  what are you asking for your original shubibinman 3 on scd?  I am in the market...Just ordered LOT from turbozone direct,  brand new...love those guys!   I  just seem compelled to keep buying games faster than I can play...I can't even get far in GOT yet! but LOT looks so bad***  I couldn't resist...so quote me something reasonable and I'll bite...almost bought it on ebay for like $18 or something..then someone snagged it on a buy it now..-Josh  ps..this is all dependent upon the ring of immortality of course..yes ..I Clicked!
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

Keranu

Shooter parodies
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 02:16:33 PM »
Hah, will you seriously give me your copy if I receive rings from Alex Chiu? I got 80 clicks last night and filled out the form and sent it in. Now I just have to make sure Alex approves of my clicks or something and then he has to deliever it which takes 2-3 weeks it says. I hope he doesn't think I'm cheating since it only took me 3 days.

And yes, I agree with you about Shubibin Man 3 and Gunstar Heroes sharing a similar atmosphere. I think people like us get the same feeling between them because they are both the highlite action games for both systems and you can really enjoy both of them on the system. I don't know if that made sense, but it's.... weird. They are similar atmospherically, but not technically.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

Shooter parodies
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 07:09:35 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Hah, will you seriously give me your copy if I receive rings from Alex Chiu? I got 80 clicks last night and filled out the form and sent it in. Now I just have to make sure Alex approves of my clicks or something and then he has to deliever it which takes 2-3 weeks it says. I hope he doesn't think I'm cheating since it only took me 3 days.

Let's see if "alex" really sends you the rings first, then we'll see!  That site has been around for a while, now, but I don't believe anything on it :)
  |    | 

esteban

Shooter parodies
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005, 07:11:29 AM »
Quote from: "doomfarer75"
Hey...stevek666,  what are you asking for your original shubibinman 3 on scd?  I am in the market...Just ordered LOT from turbozone direct,  brand new...love those guys!   I  just seem compelled to keep buying games faster than I can play...I can't even get far in GOT yet! but LOT looks so bad***  I couldn't resist...so quote me something reasonable and I'll bite...almost bought it on ebay for like $18 or something..then someone snagged it on a buy it now..-Josh  ps..this is all dependent upon the ring of immortality of course..yes ..I Clicked!

hi, I'm really not selling my stuff... but I don't think I have to worry about giving away my copy of shubi to Keranu.... but we'll see!  :)
  |    | 

Keranu

Shooter parodies
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2005, 08:31:47 AM »
I think you will be quite displeased to give away your copy when my rings arrive here in 2-3 weeks  :wink: .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

Shooter parodies
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2005, 07:08:54 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
holy snap, you folks have actually convinced me to give "shockman" series another shot.  Of course I thought the final CD game was nice-looking, but I have been very critical of it.  Naturally, the predecessors got even less love (the controls suck hardcore, as Keranu already said).

Still, I admit that I hardly gave these games a chance... and perhaps I will grow to love them as well.  

Am I silly for thinking that  Shubibin Man 3 has the same flavor as Gunstar Heroes?  Or is that too far a stretch?

also, somebody tell me if there is a cute-em-up retrospective out there somewhere!

Man, it's nice to finally find someone else who's not in love with Shubinbin Man 3. Although a lot of its parts are alright, the sum of them seemed like an unfinished game to me.

As far as the Gunstar connection, both games fall into the chaotic category. If you slowed them down about 10 times you'd have Metal Slug.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum