Author Topic: PC Engine modder offering mods in UK, North of England  (Read 704 times)

pcenginesales

PC Engine modder offering mods in UK, North of England
« on: August 25, 2008, 07:20:56 AM »
I just had to come back to the UK after 4 years in Japan and I'm looking for some extra cash while I look for a job.

I've been modding PC Engines, SNES, Saturns and basically anything else I could find the components for for 13 years or so, and have an 8 year old account on eBay where I have been a seller almost solely of PC Engine for years now. Perhaps people here can vouch for me - account name is same on eBay.  Unfortunately interest is waning and Im not sure I can persuade my Japanese suppliers to ship to me at prices I can afford these days. I was the cheapest seller for a long time and I can't live off the hobby any more thanks to increased fees.

So I'm turning to these mods. I have a few consoles to sell as well as offering the service for existing consoles, on here alone though because I would REALLY like to shift these consoles. If you are looking for a console outside of eBay I can discount quite a bit. Fees are insane these days, between 15-20%.

If you are after a modder for your console I can offer the following jobs, with RGB booster built in for the SCARTs:

White PC Engine JP/US switch using the existing ANT switch on the side of the console: £15
JP/US switch for other consoles: £17
RGB mod for white engine with SCART added to side of unit (undetachable): £20
RGB mod for AV port consoles with detachable SCART, 5 pin DIN replaced with 8 pin: £25
RGB mod for white engine, detachable SCART - 28

*delete - no mr ebay sabotager, you can't have info on how I do my mods!*

These prices are based on my time and the fact I have chips for the US/JP mods left in stock. They might rise a little for components costs in future.

I can also do other jobs but really I prefer to concentrate on PC Engine.

Please note I have not been selling the mods often on eBay. This is because while in Japan, I had a job that paid better than doing mods, and it took up too much time. However there is some mention in my feedback of recent Famicom AV mods that I did basically to clear some spare consoles I had. I do not like selling Japanese RF consoles on eBay as it results in Paypal chargebacks when buyers can't tune their TVs to the signal. The Famicom AV mod is rather similar to the PC Engine RGB mod, it uses the exact same transistor.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:17:33 AM by pcenginesales »
www.retro-access.com - Modded consoles and SCART cables for retro consoles and computers. We ship worldwide.

ceti alpha

Re: PC Engine modder offering mods in UK, North of England
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 07:36:08 AM »
I'll vouch for pcenginesales. Great seller, with great prices.  8)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »
Yes,def a great seller. I have made purchases from them on ebay via my old account and through Quoth09's account. Never a problem ever.

Tom Phobos

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:47:19 AM »
Yes, i also bought very often from pcenginesales. A great seller with fast shipping to germany. Two thumbs up :)

ooPo

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 03:20:44 PM »
So what happens when you bleach the cases? Does it affect the other colors on the case?

pcenginesales

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 08:30:23 PM »
Thanks for the support, hopefully I don't have to stop selling. I'll try selling on here too, the trouble is basically the following:

I now have to charge not only postage to your address, but enough to cover postage of the stock to the UK. This is not so much of an impact on UK buyers but it will increase costs for overseas buyers. S I thought I would list on eBay UK for a bit.

However, disaster struck. Next month, Ebay UK are changing fees of ALL BUY IT NOW LISTINGS to 40p (about 80 cents) a listing. This is good if you sell expensive stuff, but an increase of 300% if you list cheap games. So right now I have consoles only on, and they aren't exactly selling fast. Trouble is if I sell them for any lower then after those crazy fees I'll make less than minimum wage on the time it's taking to convert them. :( Should I try selling them here in the selling section, or are people who live off the hobby frowned on here?

The bleach doesn't affect the logos, no. I don't think it's possible to bleach paint, pretty sure the logos are spray or screen painted on.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 08:37:02 PM by pcenginesales »
www.retro-access.com - Modded consoles and SCART cables for retro consoles and computers. We ship worldwide.

Tom Phobos

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 10:29:33 PM »
Oh yes, eBay becomes more and more a platform only for professional sellers, kicking all hobby-sellers in the butt  :evil:
For me it would be nice if you offer your games here in the forum, but better ask Aaron if it's a problem for him. As i wrote before, i only made good experience with you and your eBay-shop, so i would also buy from you outside of eBay.

I also have another question to you: You wrote that you have bleached pc engine-shells. Do you also sell it separately ? Because i have a white pc engine that looks if it was built from 3 junk-consoles with marks from a soldering-iron all over the shell. i call it "my little scratchy", but a bleached shell for it would be really nice :wink:

bust3dstr8

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 05:30:47 AM »
I think everyone here would welcome you with open arms as a seller. Aaron shouldn't mind at all,
16-Bit sells here allready.
Clowns Suck

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 08:00:08 AM »
Yea selling on the forums wouldn't be  a big deal. You are a trusted seller,but honestly maybe a small website would do you better service. This way you can notify other gaming forums,ect and point them all to one direction, and as presentation can always be a issue,on your website you could post pics of the individual items for sale,ect and keep it updated easier then trying to keep multiple sale threads updated.

ceti alpha

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »
Yea selling on the forums wouldn't be  a big deal. You are a trusted seller,but honestly maybe a small website would do you better service. This way you can notify other gaming forums,ect and point them all to one direction, and as presentation can always be a issue,on your website you could post pics of the individual items for sale,ect and keep it updated easier then trying to keep multiple sale threads updated.

:idea:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

gtdalby

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 10:06:32 AM »
PM sendt.

pcenginesales

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 06:03:00 AM »
Think I got ripped off on some transistors I ordered. :( God I miss Japan. Been waiting a week for some that were allegedly posted on the 22nd. Kind of written them off now and ordered from another company for next day delivery tomorrow, so if you were wanting a console or mod I should be ready to do them then.

I'll try listing some prices on the consoles in the sales section, and if I'm able to get games shipped from Japan I'll be posting them here before they go on eBay. If they go on eBay at all, because those new fee increases are bloody stupid.

pcenginesales

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 06:07:43 AM »
Also my mum's been helping me clear the stock I DID have before those fees went up, I had some stuff left at her house. She told me they were all B condition, two weren't and went to the same guy. :( Well he says they are bad condition anyway. So if I suddenly get two negs off the same guy I thought I'd better explain why in advance. I don't think I'll bother with eBay much in future so it's not like it matters a whole bunch. I just refunded him.

RaZiel

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 01:33:44 AM »
This is an awesome seller and very understanding. I bought a DUO from them and it didn't play CD based games. I offered to return it for a new console and was told to keep it and I paid a slight difference to get a DUO-RX. If I had known then it was a simple repair (that was before I found the Turbo DUO repair as I have no idea at the time the Turbo DUO and PCE DUO were the same) I would have simply replaced it but they were more than happy to fix any problem. This is truly one of the most honest sellers and down to earth prices you will find anywhere. I would suggest them to anyone looking to get into the PCE market.

pcenginesales

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 10:44:56 PM »
Bump - transistors arrived, just completed one mod with them.

I'll put a post in the sales section detailing prices on consoles.