Author Topic: HELP!! I need sound repair on my Duo!!  (Read 259 times)

mossman43

HELP!! I need sound repair on my Duo!!
« on: August 26, 2008, 02:17:14 PM »
The sound effects are fine, but the music is either faded, scratchy, or not there. Please I will pay someone to fix it that is trustworthy here, I just really want it done bad. It happens mostly with Dracula X, but I know it's the system because the disk is perfect.

pooyan

Re: HELP!! I need sound repair on my Duo!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »
Did you even read any post in this forum?  There is a lot of information to be found about sound problems. And there is a thread on the first page from someone who can fix sound issues for a reasonable price. Look over here http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=4872.0

Good luck with it.

mossman43

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 01:14:43 AM »
Yes I did read, and I emailed a couple of people here but noone got back to me. Thanks!!

ceti alpha

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 02:04:02 AM »
Yeah, both of the main modders here are going to be away for a while unfortunately - probably for at least another month or so. However, if you really want it done immediately, which is understandable, there are more commercial avenues. One such place is www.oldschoolger.ca or OSG, though I just tried going to that site right now and Firefox has it flagged as an "ATTACK SITE".  :shock: Some third party may have infected it will malware or something, but they are legitimate. Hopefully they get their site fixed up soon. Anyway, they're a little more expensive than getting someone from here to do the work, but they're not terribly expensive.

OSG, however, and at least not when I inquired back in January, does not do the S-Video mod for the Duo. They will do the region mod, A/V mod, and the sound fix. I think they quoted me around $140 for the whole thing including shipping...IIRC.

...just weird that their site has been infected.  :-k
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 02:05:55 AM by ceti alpha »

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 03:06:39 AM »
...just weird that their site has been infected.  :-k

Moose attack!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles