Author Topic: Ys 6 PS2  (Read 1152 times)

KingDrool

Ys 6 PS2
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 09:02:57 AM »
The PSP version is out.  Anyone else pick it up?  So far it's very similar to the PS2 version, with some subtle differences (the opening is different, etc.).
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Keranu

Ys 6 PS2
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 12:42:53 PM »
You almost updated this thread one year exactly! :D

Does the PSP version use the pre-rendered sprites?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

Ys 6 PS2
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 05:35:44 PM »
I got it too, but, I don't have a PSP.  So, so far, I have Legend of Heroes 4 & Ys 6 for PSP.....but no PSP, it's too expensive for my taste! :P

TR0N

Ys 6 PS2
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 06:38:09 PM »
Never got around to picking it up for my PS2.

Still i can all ways get a copy of,off Ebay when i want to.

Please don't suggest me the, PSP version either i'm not a fan of handhelds.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Pcenginefx

Ys 6 PS2
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006, 04:06:27 AM »
I plan on picking up the PSP version today.  I read some reviews on it last night - seems the really only bad thing about the PSP version is load times, no voice acting, and slowdown.  The PSP version also does use pre-rendered sprites - just like the original Japanese version.

Expect music samples and maybe a video or two when I get it.
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

vestcoat

Ys 6 PS2
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2006, 04:46:34 AM »
Quote from: "Pcenginefx"
I plan on picking up the PSP version today.  I read some reviews on it last night - seems the really only bad thing about the PSP version is load times, no voice acting, and slowdown.  The PSP version also does use pre-rendered sprites - just like the original Japanese version.

Expect music samples and maybe a video or two when I get it.

the PSP version is also a far cry from Ys the Vanished Omens on a Game Gear with a Master Gear converter.   No load times on that!  That's where i go for all my portable RPG needs.  :wink: heheheh

akamichi

Ys 6 PS2
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2006, 04:54:08 PM »
Although I have no interest in Ys 6 on PSP (finished the PC ver though), what bothers me about current PSP games is the required BIOS update.  Dunno if all the current games require a certain BIOS level though.  Anyway I recently bought Gradius Portable (1,2,3,4, and Gaiden in widescreen format) and it requires v2.50 of the BIOS in order to run.  This irks me because this would obviously prevent me from using homebrew stuff on it.  So I have a game I'm likely not going to play since I have v1.0 on my PSP now (best for homebrew).

Sorry for somewhat derailing this thread with my mini rant, but I was wondering if Ys 6 also had a similar BIOS requirement.

Pcenginefx

Ys 6 PS2
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2006, 05:12:29 PM »
I just got Ys 6 on PSP and it requires firmware v2.50.  How's Gradius on the PSP akamichi?  I was interested in getting that...

And since there really isn't any difference in the PSP and PS2 version, guess I don't need to make any videos of it :)
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

malducci

Ys 6 PS2
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 05:27:12 PM »
A friend just picked up a copy. I totally forgot about this version until we were at EB games today and saw it for $30. Anyway, the opening cinema is different and better than the PS2 version, but no voice overs :roll:  Load times are unusually long, but I'm not sure how they compare to other PSP titles. Hehe - he only bought the PSP because he's going to Brazil for month and needed something to preoccupy his time on that overly long flight :lol:

akamichi

Ys 6 PS2
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2006, 01:43:36 AM »
Quote from: "Pcenginefx"
I just got Ys 6 on PSP and it requires firmware v2.50.  How's Gradius on the PSP akamichi?  I was interested in getting that...

Man, I wish I could tell you.  It *seems* great from all the pix and what I saw on the official webpage but I just can't give up being able to do homebrew in order to play it.  

Spent a lot of time setting up the dev environment so I could port some of my progs to it.  Can't give that up right now.  Maybe I can borrow my friend's PSP for a bit.  If so, I'll post my impressions.