Author Topic: Risingstuff.com  (Read 3336 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Risingstuff.com
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 12:53:02 PM »
thank god their back, have an order in the waiting and then they just vanish! It scared the sh*t out off me!! But they are back and the order seem to be more or less on it's way!

thats funny because I've had an order in the works since like february with no word on whats going on.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

japanesepeso

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 01:25:18 AM »
Hey everyone! We are having a special Summer Sale until July 7th! 30% off everything! Drop on by and see if there's anything you're interested in.

Also we have a huge shipment of pc engine hucards coming in a couple weeks so look for this late July.

nectarsis

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 05:14:42 PM »
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3025330&postcount=10

It seems they are having a special on lawsuits for the month of July too.

Looks like RS would rather threaten legal action over a  review they laughed at than deal with 4 month old orders.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

TheClash603

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 04:00:55 AM »
I ordered some Famicom games from these guys when the site first went live, and everything came quickly and with a great price.

With that said, it seems that now too many people are having problems with the site.  It also seems that free speech has been attacked by the site, which is an even bigger concern to me.

Regardless if they get their act together or not, I do not think I will be going back to that shop.  Which is a damn shame, because I would rather support it than ebay.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2010, 04:19:13 AM »
Regardless if they get their act together or not, I do not think I will be going back to that shop.  Which is a damn shame, because I would rather support it than ebay.

Same here.  I might be willing to give 'em another go, but they're going to have to get their poop in a group and keep it that way for a while before I'd be willing to return.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3025330&postcount=10

It seems they are having a special on lawsuits for the month of July too.

Looks like RS would rather threaten legal action over a  review they laughed at than deal with 4 month old orders.

Damn, don't they realize that emails like that are just fuel for the Michael Helgeson justice engine? This one will keep him going for another decade (before he eventually hangs himself with a 3DO AV cable).

But yeah, these people seem not that cool anymore, or even in touch with reality. Nobody on the internet gives credence to cease and desist letters, and "print a retraction"? WTF, are they trying to be funny or something? I don't get it.

japanesepeso

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2010, 03:32:44 PM »
I dunno, how long am i supposed to put up with him saying things that aren't true about my store? It's kind of ridiculous. He's basically become an Internet stalker of me and my company. I don't really care much what he posts on his site tbh, but the following me around the Internet to blast my company is just really out of hand. :/

nectarsis

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 03:36:51 PM »
Funny as that "review" has been up for some time, and you guys laughed at it as insignificant.  After no "stalking", you contact him out of the blue with a  wanna be cease and desist letter..who's stalking what now?   I haven't seen a post/thread with him stalking you on any game site in ages...got links?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:26:41 AM by nectarsis »
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

japanesepeso

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 03:46:47 PM »
Oh come on nec buddy. You know better than anyone how much junk he has saved up. I mean the guy still talks about how we left some power adaptors (which were sent out later) out from orders 2-3 years ago as damning evidence of what a terrible company we are. :/

All this because I banned him from my forums for flaming Missa. Absolutely ridiculous.

Look, I'm not actually going to press charges. I don't have time to jump on a plane over to WI. I just want him to drop the wild speculation and false accusations.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:51:21 PM by japanesepeso »

nectarsis

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2010, 03:56:29 PM »
Oh come on nec buddy. You know better than anyone how much junk he has all saved up. I mean the guy still talks about how we left some power adaptors (which were sent out later) out from orders 2-3 years ago as damning evidence of what a terrible company we are. :/

All this because I banned him from my forums for flaming Missa. Absolutely ridiculous.

Look, I'm not actually going to press charges. I don't have time to jump on a plane over to WI. I just want him to drop the wild speculation and false accusations.

Like stated before he posted that ages ago..and you scoffed at it..now HOW long latter it's all lies,and an issue?  The ac adaptor bit was brought up WHEN it was happening.  You act like this is new stuff...

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136933&highlight=risingstuff.com&page=2

Yet everything's hunky dory..that was Oct..yet at least at some point (still?) Ark waited at least 4 months (if taken care of shortly after he posted) for an order.  Seems like,as before more excuses with the same old same old.  Just like not using yahoojapan for game/stock yet you have a pretty shaky record on there. (Post 14 says a lot about your character/customer "service")

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3026473#post3026473

So with all these pretty constant threads made about screwups, etc.  why not man up ADMIT you screwed (still screw up) and make shit right. Not fake excuses and deflection.  Like I said before I hold no ill will (though you guys seem to)...but I'll be damned if lies/BS gets spouted here. We have to many newer members that I would hate to see have any issues that maybe can't see thru the fluff.

P.S. I know Mike well.  If you think he has some vendetta against you/the store for being banned....that's laughable.  Attempting to discredit him by using that is just another attempt at deflecting the criticism by MULTIPLE people against the sloppy operation you're running.   From what I've seen/heard from many peeps is the forum/chat box is DEAD (and has been for some time)..so what's he missing?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:27:55 AM by nectarsis »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 04:27:53 PM »
Laughable, yes. Also, almost certainly true. Mike is the self-styled Walker Texas Ranger of internet sales and trades of games, etc. The guy is posessed.

Don't f*ck up, or he's going to get you!

I bet he has an Exel template that he can plug dates into and it will determine, based on geographical location and shipping method, exactly how long it should take for your shit to show up and also if you overcharged for shipping by $0.75...and he will offer this service, for free, to anyone that needs it!

The guy is f*cking pathetic and needs help.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:32:14 PM by SignOfZeta »

japanesepeso

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 04:45:58 PM »
Look, I just want to do a good job of running my store. Let's face it nectarsis, neither you or mike have purchased anything from my store in over a year. Neither of you have any real idea what kind of business we are running now and are really just chasing after ghosts imo.

I'll be the first to tell you that as we were growing we've made plenty of mistakes. Hell, we are a couple of 20-something guys who when we started barely spoke any Japanese. But every year we grow a bit more and learn a lot more.

nectarsis

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2010, 04:57:54 PM »
Chasing after ghosts?  Let's remember YOU contacted Mike with the fake threat (that you admit you had no intention of following thru on seems like pussy bullying) after how long with no other contact/bashing your store.   Funny Ark's post above of at least a 4 month wait (if he received the items even now) .  People in shout on here complaining of slow shipping, little to no communication, orders not sent.  posts on other forums corroborating this..not to mention your abysmal record on yahoojapan (43 good 33 negatives..).  So there seems to be plenty of ongoing/CURRENT things being said STILL (even by current customers).  So yeah I base it off of what I hear/see.  Anytime one  of these threads pops up every 3-6 months it's the same lame excuses that don' hold water...and WHAT'S THIS..the SAME problems are being brought up again and again,  Actions speak louder than words..and all I see are excuses with no change to the service.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:29:34 AM by nectarsis »

rag-time4

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2010, 05:37:49 PM »
Look, I just want to do a good job of running my store. Let's face it nectarsis, neither you or mike have purchased anything from my store in over a year. Neither of you have any real idea what kind of business we are running now and are really just chasing after ghosts imo.

I'll be the first to tell you that as we were growing we've made plenty of mistakes. Hell, we are a couple of 20-something guys who when we started barely spoke any Japanese. But every year we grow a bit more and learn a lot more.
Peso, I don't think it's right that you are trying to browbeat Nectarsis and others into having faith in you and your store.

As Nectarsis pointed out, Mike Helgeson isn't the only person to have spoken out negatively about your store. Look at Arkhan above, who didn't hear anything for four months...

Mike wrote a bad review of your shop on his website... and he gets a cease and desist message?

The way I see it, it is 100% on you guys to earn positive reviews from not only your buyers but from the gaming community at large.
Oh come on nec buddy. You know better than anyone how much junk he has saved up. I mean the guy still talks about how we left some power adaptors (which were sent out later) out from orders 2-3 years ago as damning evidence of what a terrible company we are. :/

Mike's banning from your forums might have something to do with the vitriol in Mike's review, but as long as I've seen him post online he has always been concerned about shady sellers and has always taken it upon himself to let others know when someone is not doing business in an upright manner.

So overall, I read Mike's banning from your forum as completely irrellevant to the issue of the operations of your shop.

Laughable, yes. Also, almost certainly true. Mike is the self-styled Walker Texas Ranger of internet sales and trades of games, etc. The guy is posessed.

Don't f*ck up, or he's going to get you!

I bet he has an Exel template that he can plug dates into and it will determine, based on geographical location and shipping method, exactly how long it should take for your shit to show up and also if you overcharged for shipping by $0.75...and he will offer this service, for free, to anyone that needs it!

The guy is f*cking pathetic and needs help.
I don't see Mike's behavior, at least when it comes to pointing out shady sellers, as pathetic. Actually, I'm thankful that he's willing to take the time to do it. Also, he tends to be "for the good guys" and "against the bad guys" when it comes to online business dealings.

I don't see how looking out for the interests of innocent buyers is pathetic in any way. As Mike said in his review, there are a lot of people out there who may get taken advantage of, who don't want to rock the boat and speak up. Mike is willing to speak up for those people. I don't agree with bashing him for doing so.

japanesepeso

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2010, 06:43:32 PM »
Arkhan doesn't have an order. He requested we stock some stuff. That's not an order. This is just another example of Mike's crew twisting the truth to fit their own desire to have rising stuff be some mega evil store. This is what I'm tired of and I want it to stop.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:46:57 PM by japanesepeso »