Author Topic: Risingstuff.com  (Read 3334 times)

MissaFX

Risingstuff.com
« on: September 06, 2008, 04:38:43 AM »
Well, I'm hearing this morning from some little birdies that a conversation I had with guyjin the other day might have been misread by some people.  I'm also going to take this minute to talk in general about my experiences with Risingstuff.com.

To clarify, I was praising Risingstuff.com, and here is why:

So I ordered two games I needed Blue Chicago Blues and Dragon Knight 4.  For whatever reason the wholesaler took about 2 weeks to get the game to sensei here, and in that time some other games I had ordered already had came in.  Still waiting for DK4, I asked sensei here to send me another of the games, which was already there waiting to come to america.  He does and BCB and Last Imperial Prince arrive.

None of this had anything to do with the conversation yesterday, but for the sake of the whole story I have included it.

So yesterday afternoon I am making room on the FX shelves for these games, while as I am filing BCB away, what comes to my fingertips, but Angelique in Wonderland...A game I had just ordered from Risingsuff.com  Because there is no online collectors list...yet, I keep a directory on my PC with dummy text files, named after each FX game I have.  I keep another directory of all the games I do not have.  When I get a game I move the txt file from one directory to the other.  Somehow Angelique in Wonderland was the ONLY game I had never moved over to the owned directory #-o  This game directory with English or Romanji names I use as my quick reference whenever I buy a FX game, to make sure I do not have it.  So when I recently ordered 5 games from Risingstuff.com and checked that directory, I thought I didn't have the game yet.  Anyways, I emailed Alex, sensei's partner in the store and I asked him if my games had shipped yet, and if not, if there was any way I could swap for another game.  I remembered Langrisser was only 3 dollars more and I needed it, so I asked if they could swap for it and I would just pay the difference in the game price and shipping (if any).

Alex got back to me within the hour and told me that my package was going out that day, but that we could change the game.  He mentioned nothing of price, so I emailed him right back and asked him how much he needed me to send him.  He emailed me right back and told me not to worry about it :shock:

That's some damn fine customer service!
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

jboypacman

Re: Risingstuff.com
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:37:06 AM »
Missa is right on about Risingstuff.com these guys are A-#1 in my book some of the best service and communication you are going to get with a online dealer.

I can not wait to do business with them again and i will recommend them to anyone looking for import games or systems.

If they have you get it if not they will try and find it so you can have it just awesome people. :D

drdre

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 04:25:00 AM »
Alright, so I've completed more than one transaction w/ Risingstuff.com/Sensei, and can now give an informed opinion;

The only problem with risingstuff.com seems to be the distributor where they receive their games from.  In three transactions, problems came up twice, both times due to the distributor (one game had water damage, the other was incomplete).  However, the customer service is some of the best I've ever seen, and every transaction has been completed to my satisfaction.

The communication is great, they stay in contact the whole time, are prompt with e-mails, etc.  They explain everything to do with your order, and are willing to go the extra distance to make sure you are happy. 

Overall Verdict:  While occasional problems DO happen, it seems to be the fault of others, and is ALWAYS resolved.  I would highly recommend the site due to the great customer service, and unbeatable prices on most games. I will definitely order from the site again!

Overall Grade:  A- Recommended!!!
Arms installation is complete....good luck

japanesepeso

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »
Hey guys. My name is Alex and I run the store with Sensei/Kevin. Thanks for the good feedback and compliments to the store. :) We're a young business with a lot to learn and still trying to get our feet under us between our day job of teaching English and this (Hopefully within the next few years we can make this our day job!). It really makes me glad to see we could make some of you happy.

As for our suppliers, yeah, it's taken us a fair while to sort through which ones are good and which ones are questionable. On our weekends a lot we travel around to different game stores and build our contacts with them to increase our network so it's an ever building work. That's good  because more suppliers means lower prices for you guys. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you for helping us through our sort of infancy stage as we slowly but surely expand our business. There's a great community here and I'm happy we can help in some way.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 04:36:34 AM »
you guys are my new best friends.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

TR0N

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 09:06:01 PM »
Thumbs up on risingstuff.com my frist dealing with sensei went on without a problem.

Now i'll will be giving sensei more of my business when looking for famicom games.

Right,now i'm supose to have another deal for two famicom games boxed through sensei.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Windancer

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 10:01:46 PM »
I have also picked up a few items from Rising stuff Guys I have to say "a great addition to the PCE community" great customer service! best ive ever seen from any seller. Prices seem to be below competitors and the shipping is also below the competitors. Sensei is one hell of a good guy. I'm glad to meet with sensei cause people like him don't come along to often. I hope he has found a home here in the insane asylum we call the shoutbox!  Great stuff and good people. Thats what its all about guys.

albinoMithos

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 07:09:36 AM »
Ok Sensei and Alex kick so much ass.  It's really hard to describe just how much ass they kick but I'll try.  I bought some games off of them just recently.  The package for said order was  heavier than expected and had to be shipped via EMS instead of airmail.  So instead of having me pay the extra for EMS (something I would've gladly done) he took a hit on shipping and sent it out EMS.  When I got the package in everything was in nice shape (still haven't gotten around to testing it all but it's in damn fine condition) and there was even a free game in there to boot.  Also though not game related he threw in an audio CD that kicked ass. Simply put I am really impressed with the quality this store puts out.  Thanks a ton man!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 08:34:05 AM by Mithos »

MissaFX

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 09:40:47 AM »
Well after buying multiple packages from them now, I must say that Risingstuff.com is the people's store. :clap: :clap: :clap:

These guys are great and not making a lot of money, unlike most of the online console outlets when they sell you a given title.  The packaging jobs are always great and at the same time they don't screw you on shipping either.  Just remember, if they carry games for the system and you don't see a title in stock, ask them, they can often get the game you want at a reasonable price.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

mobiusclimber

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »
They didn't just get me the game I wanted, they got me the console! I had been wanting a Famicom and a Disk System for awhile, but I don't have a TV I can use a regular Famicom with (because of the difference in channel settings, can't use an RF Switch). I asked Sensei about it and he was able to track down an AV Fami for me. Not only that it was boxed! Got some really great things off Risingstuff and will definitely buy more from them in the future (when I'm not strapped for cash, of course). Great places and Sensei was super patient with all my myriad questions. Thanks again, guys! :)

Nintega

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 01:38:05 AM »
I want to join RS but for some odd reason the number code will not appear on my laptop.

Sensei

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 02:32:56 AM »
I want to join RS but for some odd reason the number code will not appear on my laptop.

That's odd.  PM me and I can manually set up an account for you.

MotherGunner

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 03:10:34 PM »
Hey Sensei did you get my PM?  I placed an order a while ago and never heard anything.

Thanks!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

scrodamoon

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 06:56:41 AM »
I have placed a few orders with Risingstuff.com and must say they are great to deal with.  if you ever have doubts of ordering from them do you think I would have ordered seven consoles from them? and some games?  I think not I was worried at first as probably most people are but my order got to me quicker then expected and then I ordered more!! their prices out beat alot but remember they have to make a profit too. This is the only way so they can keep bringing us great deals and lots of stuff that we would have paid more for elsewhere. if it was to be any cheaper we would have to live in japan ourselves so count your blessings, their prices compaired to play-asia even are excellent. this is one reason why if I am going to spend money I'm gonna go to Risingstuff.com

plus you can actually communicate and get responses pretty darn quick which is great.

japanesepeso

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 01:53:12 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Recently we released a new version of our store. I'm sure many of you who have already tested it out here can confirm that it is a lot faster and easier to use than the last version.

More importantly, we've restocked almost EVERY PC-FX GAME! :) Check them out here if you get a chance:

https://www.risingstuff.com/store/index.php/cPath,28

As always, please let us know if any of our prices are on the high side or anything seems out of whack. :) We want to do all we can to connect fellow members of the gaming community with the fuel to keep it going so any feedback is appreciated!