Author Topic: has any of you mdified a hori fighting stick pc to work on a tg 16  (Read 609 times)

Bigdog302

has any of you mdified a hori fighting stick pc to work on a tg 16
« on: September 17, 2008, 01:57:24 AM »
just wondering if this has been done by anyone here? this is a 6 button pc engine controller.i have tried a couple of times and so far i can only get 5 buttons to work and the joystick does not work at all.any help will be appreciated.

Michael Helgeson

Re: has any of you mdified a hori fighting stick pc to work on a tg 16
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 02:05:16 AM »
You will prob just be better off restoring the stick back to its original self,and just doing a reverse Duo tap so you can use Pce/Duo pads on TG.

Duo_R

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 08:38:35 PM »
that stick goes for so much money on ebay I would do what Michael suggested.

Pics please???
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Bigdog302

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 09:13:21 PM »
here is a pic of the joystick,this one is on ebay right now.i have one and another on the way.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290260138975
here is the hardware,posing with it's new arcade card.

Bigdog302

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »
here is a picture of the modified stick and the turbo unit and games that i have that use it.i did get it to work somewhat but i found another pin out diagram.i will use that diagram pretty soon.

Bigdog302

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 09:33:35 PM »
You will prob just be better off restoring the stick back to its original self,and just doing a reverse Duo tap so you can use Pce/Duo pads on TG.
how do you do a reverse duo tap? do you have a link to the diagram to make one or can you buy one?if so,where can you get it?sorry it took so long for me to post pics of the stick.

Duo_R

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 12:00:35 AM »
to make your own reverse tap, you would just rewire the pins as so:

Duo (pin 4 is the one in the middle)

TG-16

These pinouts match up to each other, if you used 2 pinouts from 2 different website that could have been the problem. I have confirmed that these match up.

this is the cable end connectors. So you would hack the Duo Tap cable, and rewire the same lines to the TG-16 cable. Now you would need a TG-16 connector, those are harder to find that the Duo cables. You also don't want to try doing that without multimeter and solder iron.

However - once upon a time I believe you could buy a cable that would do the exact thing you are trying to do, but those are probably next to impossible to find today.

My next project - extending my Duo Tap cable from 1ft to 6ft!

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 12:11:38 AM by Duo_R »
Add my YouTube channel:

Bigdog302

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 12:42:19 AM »
Duo R,have you made a duo adapter using the diagram you posted? i used this one and it is wrong,the stick should work if it was correct.

DIN-8 SOCKET  (TG)            Mini-DIN-8 PLUG  (Duo)

-------------                     ----##----
     /      4      \                   /    ##    \
    /  3         5  \                 /  1   7   8 \
   /                 \               |              |
  |                   |              | 6   3     5  |
  |  2      8      6  |               \            /
  |                   |                \## 2  4 ##/
   \                 /                   #------#
    \  1         7  /
     \     ###     /
      -----###-----

Duo_R

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 07:03:59 AM »
Yes - I have tested the pinouts on the diagrams I posted, yours are wrong which is why it isn't working. I can see the problem, the pins are flip flopped on one of those pinouts. Just use the one I posted, it works. I have a TG-16 to Duo controller adapter and confirmed that the pins route the way I posted.

You can also check out my website in my signature, I have a controller project (NES to Duo) posted there and referenced the correct pinouts. Always trust pinouts from Gamesx.com, question all other sources.

Duo R,have you made a duo adapter using the diagram you posted? i used this one and it is wrong,the stick should work if it was correct.

DIN-8 SOCKET  (TG)            Mini-DIN-8 PLUG  (Duo)

-------------                     ----##----
     /      4      \                   /    ##    \
    /  3         5  \                 /  1   7   8 \
   /                 \               |              |
  |                   |              | 6   3     5  |
  |  2      8      6  |               \            /
  |                   |                \## 2  4 ##/
   \                 /                   #------#
    \  1         7  /
     \     ###     /
      -----###-----

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:06:25 AM by Duo_R »
Add my YouTube channel:

Duo_R

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 07:14:29 AM »
Ok I know what is up with the pinout you posted, that is the pinout for a cable that converts TG-16 accessories into a Duo. So one end of that is female (the TG-16) and the other side is male (Duo). Since the TG-16 side is female, when you look at the connector it will be flip flopped (opposite) of the male TG-16 plug. You probably looked at it and just thought those were TG-16 and Duo pinouts.

I have the same cable for my Turbostick.

That is why he said:
Also, if
you are making the opposite type of cable (i.e. so you can use 6-button Duo
pads on the TG), you'll have to do the mental gyrations yourself...  $^)

Here are the pinouts for a cable that lets you plug TG accessories
(TurboStick, TurboPad, TurboTap) into a Duo.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:16:13 AM by Duo_R »
Add my YouTube channel:

Duo_R

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 08:18:05 PM »
Did you rewire the cable???
Add my YouTube channel:

Bigdog302

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 01:20:29 AM »
not yet,what i did was i took the cable from a expired turbo controller and i disassembled the pce hori and spliced the wiring from the turbo stick to the hori controller at the white block.unfortunately i forgot how the original hori wiring was placed on the white bulkhead connector that goes to the circuit board.i have another hori connector coming and i should have it this coming week.i will post pics how i did the conversion.i need to look at the un converted controller to determine how the wiring pins is pinned out on the main board.once i get it i will post pics of the stock controller and the one i am converting,once i get the controller properly modified and working,i will do the extra controller.the stick will get a good workout as i have never had the pleasure playing the pce versions of street fighter 2,art of fighting,fatal fury special and Kabuki IttouRyoudan.i look forward to that.

Bigdog302

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 08:06:44 AM »
i got the second hori stick in,looked at the wiring on the stock controller then used the pin out posted by a website i found,the pin out is the very same that Duo R posted.it works great now.i tested it playing Kabuki,Street Fighter 2,Fatal Fury Special and Art of Fighting.it works great on those games,much better than playing them with a 2 button pad.i will convert the second stick shortly.thanks guys for the the info,mostly Duo R.i can post directions and pics if anyone is interested in doing a conversion on a Hori Fighting Stick PC.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 08:09:24 AM by Bigdog302 »

TH0R

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 04:16:35 AM »
does anyone know if the hori arcade pro 2 fighting stick for ps2 can be adapted to the ps3 somehow... i mean there are controller adapters out already, not sure if they work...

Duo_R

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 07:52:30 AM »
there are adapters out there, not all of them work or work properly with non/analog controllers. I did have luck with an adapter from TAC (the Ant Commandos). It is actually for the band instruments to use on PS3. It does have a controller mode that works great for the PS2 controllers. What is awesome with this one is if you hit Start + Select it pulls up the PS3 home menu, none of the other adapters that I have seen do that.
Add my YouTube channel: