Author Topic: First(?) SuperGrafx game coming to Japanese VC in October  (Read 292 times)

Black Tiger

First(?) SuperGrafx game coming to Japanese VC in October
« on: September 27, 2008, 11:11:13 AM »
I didn't find any mention of this anywhere else, but Daimakaimura is scheduled to be released some time in October. It's listed under "PC Engine", so there won't be a new console category. I wonder if the bg in the game's menus will have a SuperGrafx tile instead of what I assume is normally PC Engine (in place of what we see as TG-16).
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Game and Watch Kirby

Re: First(?) SuperGrafx game coming to Japanese VC in October
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 05:02:48 PM »
Oh! This ought to be exciting. Although the Sega Genesis version of Ghouls n' Ghosts is out on Virtual Console in the US (I'm not one-hunderd percent sure), I wonder if it'll be released in North America as an import game?

I don't really know what is meant by having the SuperGrafx tile for the background in the game's menus, but I don't think it would require a change/downgrade because of the format on the service since I doubt it takes a lot of effort to put in for emulation.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com