Author Topic: Battle Heat Review up on Pcenginefan  (Read 259 times)

MissaFX

Battle Heat Review up on Pcenginefan
« on: September 28, 2008, 01:05:04 PM »
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Sensei

Re: Battle Heat Review up on Pcenginefan
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
She's on fire!

Great work Missa, I am enjoying reading these.

MissaFX

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »
She's on fire!

And feel free to link these to games on your site Sensei.  I did Battle Heat because it is an easier game to get and cheap.  The next review I am doing for the 1st of Oct will most likely be a cheaper game as well.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

ceti alpha

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 06:04:15 PM »
Great reviews missa.  :clap: :clap:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sensei

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 07:00:53 PM »
She's on fire!

And feel free to link these to games on your site Sensei.  I did Battle Heat because it is an easier game to get and cheap.  The next review I am doing for the 1st of Oct will most likely be a cheaper game as well.

Thanks Missa!  I will.  Yeah, it is good for people to know that there are quality titles on the PC-FX without having to spring for the expensive titles. (Zenki, Chip Chan Kick, etc)

drdre

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 04:33:15 AM »
Again, quite a good review.  I completely agree about the music being the only aspect of the game that was not quite 'up to par.'  I also like how you described it in relation to street fighter, as one of the most common misconceptions is "it's FMV, so push a button and wait for the video."  If you've played the game, you know that there is essentially no waiting, and has a very different feel than almost any other FMV game.

And I always thought if the bar was yellow, it was a normal attack, blue for a slightly more powerful projectile attack, and red for the special, very powerful attacks.
Arms installation is complete....good luck