Author Topic: Anyone out there capable of doing a berzerk remake for pcengine  (Read 890 times)

ceti alpha

Re: Anyone out there capable of doing a berzerk remake for pcengine
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 04:34:54 PM »
Well we do have Turbo Pong that was made for Turbo Fest last year  :mrgreen: . I don't think we ever posted that here. I'll have to upload it and post it later, but it's just a hack of a previous Pong demo with new Turbo themed graphics I made. We (me and Tom) were hoping to go further with it (four player battle mode with pongs on each side of the screen) and graphical effects, music, and sound effects, but we just made it bare boned to have it done in time. Maybe some day, but we've been to busy with other projects.

Very cool.  8) I'd love to see the Turbo Pong. Don't hold out on us!!

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 10:39:54 PM »
Yeah, GUTS removed his account a while back for personal reasons. I still maintain contact with him on AIM sometimes. He sold off a lot of his collection.

But the Rich thing weirds me out, since he's still active on the scene and updates his site frequently...
I talked to tom on IRC about it awhile ago. He said he was just getting tired of dealing with some people on the forums.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Windancer

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 01:37:28 AM »
I think im going to make a pc version of berzerk cosmic fantasy style I will get started sometime next week. however the game will take months even though im using gamemaker to complete and I will be working on it myself :( I need make sprites! get some music. and learn to use gamemaker again since I havent made a game in it say oh 5 to 6 years or so. The game will not be able to able to translate to super cd from gamemaker I think but I will look into that also

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 05:09:13 PM »
Getting all the graphics and music done first would still be a big step completed if you ever ported it to PCE afterwards.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Sinistron

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 04:51:16 AM »
Windy I started making one of the tracks for you- needs some work but the drums are definitely working and I have a nice organ riff- I have a bassline and a synth choir line running too but I have to listen to it again to see how well it works- perhaps the more minimal the better- but since it's Berserk the music should be pretty tense.  I'll keep you updated.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

ceti alpha

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 05:17:38 PM »
Windy I started making one of the tracks for you- needs some work but the drums are definitely working and I have a nice organ riff- I have a bassline and a synth choir line running too but I have to listen to it again to see how well it works- perhaps the more minimal the better- but since it's Berserk the music should be pretty tense.  I'll keep you updated.

I also have a track in the works. Drums need to be fine tuned and a bunch of other things, but the foundation is there for sure.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nodtveidt

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »
There is indeed someone making Berzerk for the PCE, and I'm talking to him right now on IRC. :D

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 08:31:50 AM »
:-D

I posted a thread and made a bootlegged Work in progress page at freewebs!

:-D

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Windancer

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 04:16:22 PM »
This is great news indeed! I hope it will get off the ground and make it to supercd to play on pce hardware will be awesome

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2008, 04:49:13 PM »
This is great news indeed! I hope it will get off the ground and make it to supercd to play on pce hardware will be awesome

Yeah it will be! 

Renegade, one of my Amiga MODs I made, is going to be one of the background musics.

Check it out!

www.myspace.com/ramrom8bit

:)
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.