Author Topic: Anyone out there capable of doing a berzerk remake for pcengine  (Read 888 times)

Windancer

Anyone out there capable of doing a berzerk remake for pcengine
« on: October 03, 2008, 06:31:09 AM »
For those that don't know what berzerk is there is a playable flash demo at the hupack http://hupack.blogspot.com but im wondering if any aspiring programmers might be able to throw out a remake on the pcengine possibly supercd. im not really talking an exact remake. im talkin cool backgrounds, cool music, anime characters with the same fun gameplay the original berzerk may have had. I think the game would be awesome with pretty much the same gameplay but have a boss to defeat every 10 levels instead of the old aging never ending theme the original berzerk had. Backgrounds and music changing every 10 levels or so. I just think it would be good fun! any ideas on this throw them out there boys maybe we'll get a programmer inspired to make us a berzerk remake. would be cool. you know what I think would be cool a tribute to cosmic fantasy action game made into this berzerk action game :)

mobiusclimber

Re: Anyone out there capable of doing a berzerk remake for pcengine
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:36:24 AM »
Wow that is an awesome idea! My dad had a Berzerk cabinet in his hobby store back when I was a kid, it was the first video game I ever played. Still have a soft spot for it, but would love to see it remade!

guyjin

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 09:19:03 AM »
Berzerk was one of my favorites for the 2600. I'd love to see it on the PCE!  :pray:
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

ceti alpha

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 09:38:34 AM »
Berzerk was an awesome game. My brother and I used to have some serious high score competitions on the 2600 with Berzerk. I would love to see this on the PCE/TG.  8)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

ccovell

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 02:33:31 PM »
Homebrew programmers usually don't take requests.  As far as I know, if they make a remake, it's of a game they personally loved in the past.

Windancer

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 04:36:16 PM »
wellI was hoping to spark a soft spot in an old homebrew guy who might just want to give this a shot. I think it would be great fun especially with a cosmic fantasy theme to it. would be great fun

ceti alpha

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 08:21:08 PM »
Homebrew programmers usually don't take requests.  As far as I know, if they make a remake, it's of a game they personally loved in the past.

hehe Sooooo, what you're telling me is that I need to learn programming.   #-o

nodtveidt

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 12:58:51 AM »
Hey, this is something I would do if I didn't already have a full plate.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 06:51:15 PM »
Actually, unless I got my info wrong, there is already someone doing this!  There's supposed to be a remake of Berzerk being made for the Turbo, but I forget who's doing it.

Keranu

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 11:56:52 PM »
Never heard of anyone working on a Berzerk project for Turbo. Regardless what goes on, would be cool to see the game since it rules. I particularly like the Vectrex version!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 05:33:34 AM »
Never heard of anyone working on a Berzerk project for Turbo. Regardless what goes on, would be cool to see the game since it rules. I particularly like the Vectrex version!

It would be cool to have an old school compilation Super CDROM2.

Keranu

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
Well we do have Turbo Pong that was made for Turbo Fest last year  :mrgreen: . I don't think we ever posted that here. I'll have to upload it and post it later, but it's just a hack of a previous Pong demo with new Turbo themed graphics I made. We (me and Tom) were hoping to go further with it (four player battle mode with pongs on each side of the screen) and graphical effects, music, and sound effects, but we just made it bare boned to have it done in time. Maybe some day, but we've been to busy with other projects.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 03:20:05 PM »
Why did Rich delete his account here? He always brought insightful and interesting technical info to the discussions. Did something happen while I was away?

Keranu

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 03:23:01 PM »
Don't know anything about that, never knew it was deleted. I noticed the other day that GUTS' account was deleted too.

nat

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 03:25:25 PM »
Yeah, GUTS removed his account a while back for personal reasons. I still maintain contact with him on AIM sometimes. He sold off a lot of his collection.

But the Rich thing weirds me out, since he's still active on the scene and updates his site frequently...