Author Topic: $$$/turbo duo-rx/$$$  (Read 300 times)

TH0R

$$$/turbo duo-rx/$$$
« on: October 09, 2008, 02:51:37 PM »
  i just got a turbo duo-rx from hit japan , want to get it hooked up/modified . If anyone has time and knowledge please let me know...no luck with D-lite or Turbokon...thanks
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:57:29 PM by TH0R »

Michael Helgeson

Re: $$$/turbo duo-rx/$$$
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:45:16 PM »
When Nat gets time, he may be able to do it for you, just depends. Send him a pm. Dont be in such a rush, give Turbokon some time to respond too, as he may be busy. Also,if you send it to D-Lite, you may never get it back, and that's if he even agrees to do the work.

Zeon

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 04:52:20 PM »
Are you asking for info so you can mod it yourself, or are you looking to find someone who can mod if for you? If it's the former I know just about everything you would need to know for the two most common mods: Region switch, and video upgrade. Though I have personally never done a region mod yet (due to the fact that my local electronics store has none of the necessary parts) I know how it works and how to construct it. I know plenty about adding RGB out/component video/s-video. I also know various other tidbits, such as making a pce to tg-16 controller adapter, a tg-16 to pce controller adapter, how to replace bad caps, how to calibrate the lens, etc. I just need to know what you want to know. If it's the latter, you could try nat, though I do believe he is taking a break from system modding. I could probably also do it though I would need to know which mod you want.

nat

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 05:12:01 PM »
Yeah-- I don't have time for heavy mods like this right now. Won't for a long time. I took a new position with my company and I'm averaging 12 hour days while undergoing training. Training will last 2-3 months most likely. It's a technical engineer position, which I absolutely love, as opposed to my previous position. I also have the option of becoming a certified electrician (I'm not certified currently), which I may or may not pursue. Anyway, the only free time I have at all is every other weekend, and I'm not going to fill that time with stressful modding duties. I'm going to use that time to be lazy to the extreme.

I can take on light repair work (TE fixes, cap replacements, etc) but that's as far as I'll go for the forseeable future. I hear turbokon does a good mod, but I haven't seen his work personally.