Author Topic: Star Soldier R or Bomberman Blast?  (Read 467 times)

sunteam_paul

Star Soldier R or Bomberman Blast?
« on: October 24, 2008, 05:44:00 AM »
I cashed in some stars for Wii points and now have a choice of what to download.

From personal likes and dislikes I would guess that Star Soldier will be more fun short term for me, but Bomberman would be less fun but last longer.

Any opinions on this? Or are there some other gems out there I am missing?
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Game and Watch Kirby

Re: Star Soldier R or Bomberman Blast?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 08:55:05 AM »
Well, if it were me, I would pick to download Star Soldier R as Bomberman Blast is becoming available for retail sometime soon.

Keep in mind that Star Soldier R has 2-Minute and 5-Minute score attack modes only, and Bomberman Blast only has the multiplayer mode available (as far as I've heard).

If you don't already have it downloaded and is available in your area, Mega Man 9 is another title to consider. It's highly difficult, but it is a fine return for Mega Man to his roots.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

sunteam_paul

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 09:05:28 AM »
Well, if it were me, I would pick to download Star Soldier R as Bomberman Blast is becoming available for retail sometime soon.

Keep in mind that Star Soldier R has 2-Minute and 5-Minute score attack modes only, and Bomberman Blast only has the multiplayer mode available (as far as I've heard).

If you don't already have it downloaded and is available in your area, Mega Man 9 is another title to consider. It's highly difficult, but it is a fine return for Mega Man to his roots.

Last I heard the retail of Bomberman is Japan only and they aren't bringing it to the West.
I've lookat at Mega Man, but I've never really played them before so it has little nostalgia value for me.
I just felt in a hole!

gundarN

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 09:58:18 AM »
Star Soldier R; but I do think they should have released a full version even on download.

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 03:12:50 PM »

Last I heard the retail of Bomberman is Japan only and they aren't bringing it to the West.
I've lookat at Mega Man, but I've never really played them before so it has little nostalgia value for me.

Oh, really? That's a bummer. I think you'll really like Mega Man 9 even if you simply enjoy platformers and would be just getting into the series (I'll definitely look to get this one once I get the chance).

Are you looking to get only WiiWare games? If not, from the Super Nintendo section, I recommend purchasing Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, as it's considerbly to be Mario's best RPG game and one of the best Super Nintendo Games in general (it makes it especially worth it to check out for the European countries since it hasn't been previously released in that area).

Star Soldier R; but I do think they should have released a full version even on download.

I definitely agree. It would be nice if Star Soldier R has a story mode, too, with about seven stages to fight in. It would then be more worthwhile.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Sinistron

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 06:38:49 AM »
Star Soldier R also has a quick shot mode- Played it at a friend's house the other day and I managed to come in at 8.7 shots per second- and I had a whole new respect for "16-shot" after that.  The man must be able to pinch his nerve or something.

atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

sunteam_paul

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 09:25:41 AM »
Well I got Star Soldier R in the end and it's pretty good, but enjoying Alien Crush a lot more (even a lot more than full priced stuff like Smash Bros)
I just felt in a hole!

Duo_R

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 11:33:31 AM »
I was going to get Bomberman Blast, but I already got Bomberman Live for the 360. If anyone wants to play on that hit me up. Didn't really want to buy 2 online only Bomberman games...
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq