Author Topic: PC Engine LT with No Backlight - Help Needed  (Read 574 times)

Duo_R

Re: PC Engine LT with No Backlight - Help Needed
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 08:22:40 AM »
first be careful, these circuits can store power and you can get shocked. 2nd - I would either attempt an LED Mod but with no diffuser that is going to be tough to do and make it look right. The second consideration if u can't find a bulb is to replace with a new screen altogether.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

mbrayf

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 08:35:07 AM »
there is a diffuser on the back of the lcd (looks like a sheet of milky plastic). I was thinking of a lcd mod myself, do you have anywhere that I can find information on this and will the 6.5v off the main board be able to drive it???
all assistance is greatly appreciated.
Too many consoles, not enough time!!!!

agt_dale_cooper

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 11:26:30 AM »
350V?  WTF?  Suggest pulling the bulb if you can (is this wire holding it in place soldered?), inspect ALL SIDES for possible part number / specs (have you done this / is this where you got the 350V figure?)

Gonna see if I can't enlist some assistance here....mailed text of this post to sales*ccflsurplus.com for hopeful conversation...

I've had a brief look about, and apparently Sega Game Gear units use this same CCFL style methodology...got one you can tear down to have a look?  MIGHT just have the same setup...roughly the same era, isn't it?  That would be stupid cheap to sack a GG unit for it's bulb., they abound at flea markets..
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 11:40:30 AM by agt_dale_cooper »

mbrayf

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 12:18:35 PM »
thanks for the info and the suggestion of the gamegear (i had completely forgoten about them, or is it blanked them from my memory). And as for the voltage, I was going by the rating on the transformer and info off the net for the size and type of tube fitted.
Thank you for all your help, it is appreciated and welcomed.
Too many consoles, not enough time!!!!