Author Topic: I just got a core grafx and super cd system have questions?  (Read 438 times)

fallenleafs

I just got a core grafx and super cd system have questions?
« on: March 25, 2005, 04:57:01 PM »
I will shortly have 2 core grafx systems in my possession. I bought one core grafx and then a day later found one with the super cd system 2 with the version 3 setup.( should have waited an extra day). So I guess that I will take the best of the 2 core grafx's and sell the other. Anyhow I was able to source and purchase an arcade card pro, Ys I and II (american duo version), Loom, street fighter II ce, and the adaptor from tototek to use my playstation controller. I have not recieved the systems yet and I just want to know, can I just plug this directly into my electrical outlet? Or do I need an adaptor? (I live in the united states) Do I have everything necessary to play pretty much most of the games made for the pce and duo? Am I missing anything at all? Will having the arcade card pro help out with game play on standard scd games, do to the extra ram? Also can I do a region mod on the core grafx to play us hucards?

fallenleafs

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 07:40:36 AM »
Alright can someone just let me know if I need a plug adaptor to use my pc engine. Is the voltage the same in america and japan or do I need a voltage step down adaptor?

doomfarer75

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 08:37:43 AM »
I own a supergrafx and almost bought a stepdown converter until someone gave me a heads up...I play it  with no converter and it works just fine..although I unplug it after use..it works fine.  In addition, if you go with a converter, be sure to bring the Japanese adaptor with you as I experienced differing opinions as to whether you need a step up or down.  I still think its a step down.
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

dj898

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 11:43:14 AM »
if the SuperCD-ROM module is the one that plug in at the back of CG then you only need Arcade Card Duo. :p
SuperCD-ROM module already has system 3 built-in so you only need the cheaper Arcade Card Duo rather than more expensive Arcade Card Pro...

yes D-Lite does the mod but not sure about CG since there isn't much room inside unlike Duo or SGX... :p

monads

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 08:15:08 PM »
It is a step down converter (120V to 100V).  For European appliances it's a step up converter (120V to 220V).  I think I have it right.

Anyhow, I have one and use it with my Supergrafx.    I read different opinions too if one is required or not.

thewestexit

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 07:41:35 PM »
For what  it's worth, I've never used any sort of step down converter for using my Japanese game systems, and that's pretty much all I have =)  I generally don't leave them plugged in, but I've left my jpn PS2 plugged in for weeks at a time and there's never been a problem...
////////////////////////////////////////////////
James Wilson
www.thewestexit.com
The Science of Building Wealth
////////////////////////////////////////////////

dj898

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 12:13:32 AM »
10V of difference won't break yours...
whereas 20V does sometimes...

once upon a time I had 220VAC appliance that I bought while I was in Korea - it was humidfier w/ AI - and although worked initially on our 240VAC after 5 months it was dead...

now I use custom-built 240-220VAC transformers...
No you cannot get this from the shop but have one custom made...

RCduck7

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 09:25:30 AM »
I always leave my xbox plugged as otherwise i have to set the clock again.
I also leave the adapter of my gamecube plugged in wich is aloose one as with most older consoles.
But with older consoles te adapter is feeling hotter (don't know why) and i think it's best not to keep it plugged in for days.
Allthough i had my sega megadrive accidently plugged in for at least a week and had no problems.
don't be human... be peacefull

Black Tiger

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 05:37:49 PM »
Quote from: "dj898"
if the SuperCD-ROM module is the one that plug in at the back of CG then you only need Arcade Card Duo. :p
SuperCD-ROM module already has system 3 built-in so you only need the cheaper Arcade Card Duo rather than more expensive Arcade Card Pro...

yes D-Lite does the mod but not sure about CG since there isn't much room inside unlike Duo or SGX... :p

I had a white PC Engine with A/V mod. I believe that it had just one video & one audio out. They were cables that hung about an inch outside the system and came out of the RF out area.

If I remember correctly, I could fit it in the CD-ROM interface unit because of the mod.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

dj898

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 07:21:02 PM »
I have tennokoe module with RGB mod inside...
thing is I cannot use this and SuperCD-ROM module at the same time on SGX. :(
And I ain't gonna open working SuperCD-ROM module to fit RGB mod...
besides S-video is good enough for me anyway...