Author Topic: Galaga 88/90 high score contest is up and runnin!  (Read 733 times)

Windancer

Galaga 88/90 high score contest is up and runnin!
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »
The Galaga 88 high score contest is live. Come on over for some fun and win some cool prizes for your pcengine hosted by Risingstuff. Sign up is required be sure to scour through the rules. even if you dont have th game your name will be entered into the christmas drawing just reply to this message sign me up!

http://pcenginefan.blogspot.com/2008/11/galaga-88-club-high-score-contest.html
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:45:58 PM by Windancer »

Michael Helgeson

Re: Galaga 88 high score contest is up and runnin!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 08:41:04 PM »

10. Galaga 88 Only new screenshots will be accepted. You must take a screenshot of the TV with your entry score on the screen. Hold up any publication which is from the last 2 months over part of the TV, like a magizine, comic book, recent DVD release, anything to prove it was taken in the last month or two at the oldest.

11. Galaga 90 Only new screenshots will be accepted. You must take a screenshot of the TV with your entry score on the screen. Hold up any publication which is from the last 2 months over part of the TV, like a magizine, comic book, recent DVD release, anything to prove it was taken in the last month or two at the oldest. Further you need to make a 30 second movie with your digital camera or video camera or webcam which shows your TV and shows your high score at the top of the titlescreen, then you must begin a new game, select the double ship and die once as fast as you can. Upload this movie to a major upload site like bigupload.com or megaupload and include the link in your email.

I fail to see why rule 11, the one for TG owners for submitting scores, would be more strict then rule 10. You are literally requiring folks to jump though too many hoops to make them want to submit a TG score. If the goal is to discourage TG owners from participating due to the prizes being PCE related titles, then you should prob move the thread to the PCE section. If the goal was in the hopes that you could prevent a player from playing a emulated Galaga 90 on VC or Magic Engine (to cheat) for their score, they could just as easily run Galaga 88 on ME with a comp hooked to a TV so you wouldn't know any better.

Also, if the major concern is date proofing, have them take a note card, write their profile id name on it with the date, and fold it so it will stand on the TV in the corner near the score. That will help get better quality shots in. My son has Galaga 90 for Tg, but there is no way he (nor I) would be willing to go though all that rule 11 mess just to submit a score.

Tatsujin

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 08:58:07 PM »
le lol..i'm such the loser in this game. never reached the end :oops:

PS: since this is posted in the TG16 section, shouldn't it be called teh "Galaga 90 club..." :oops:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 09:14:02 PM »
Dang I shoulda got that copy of Galaga 88 from Sensei >_< rofl.

Sign me up for Galaga 90.  I'll give it a whirl.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Windancer

Re: Galaga 88/90 high score contest is up and runnin!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 08:46:46 PM »
Rules fixed to make is easy for everyone! play and take a pic of your tv pretty much thats it.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 12:22:15 AM »
Rules fixed to make is easy for everyone! play and take a pic of your tv pretty much thats it.

I was tinkin of making a movie of the whole thing!

Who wants to watch me play galaga for a few hours !!!  :dance:
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Windancer

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 05:48:11 PM »
Just bumpin so nobody misses out. we have about 13 people signed up right now. come get some free games guys!

Windancer

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 05:49:49 PM »
People who have downloaded Galaga 90 for VC may now join the contest!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

ceti alpha

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 03:06:21 AM »
People who have downloaded Galaga 90 for VC may now join the contest!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's cool.  8)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

oldskool

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 09:47:56 PM »
I've already got one picture taken, but I won't tell anyone my score.  :-"

oldskool

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 01:50:13 PM »
Played it some more today, bettered my score by almost 75,000 points, and probably will get even better.  Hope you all are practicing!!

Windancer

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 07:38:08 AM »
Played it some more today, bettered my score by almost 75,000 points, and probably will get even better.  Hope you all are practicing!!

wow your gonna need to score higher then that I suck at shooters and scored 123,000. I know your better then that ive seen you play shooters!

oldskool

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 01:51:17 PM »
No, what I meant is that, I beat my previous score by an ADDITIONAL 75,000 points.  I beat your score by a LONG shot.

Windancer

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »
yeah Ceti filled me in on that oldskool LOL now I understand your killin your high scores

Windancer

Re: Galaga 88/90 high score contest is Officially over
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 06:56:15 AM »
Ok guys I got a few scores and will announce winners of the high score and the drawings tonight at pcenginefan. there will be about 8 prizes givin away in the drwaing for those who signed up for the galaga contest and the prize of choice goes to the winner of the high score contest. Thanks goes to the 21 people who signed up and the 3 people who sent me a score for galaga. I wish there would have been more scores sent in but oh well the christmas drawings will be alot of fun :)