Author Topic: PSU/ Video Issues  (Read 245 times)

araceli

PSU/ Video Issues
« on: December 16, 2008, 06:23:04 AM »
I don't actually know if this is a problem as this is my first system, could just be wear and tear, but I just would like to find out for sure. If I push my PSU jack all the way into the system, it doesnt power on. But if I pull out slightly, it powers on fine. Pulled out slightly it is not loose at all. The video is fine on my system, but there are these tiny rainbow bars at the very bottom of the screen where the black is. They are so tiny you can barely see them but they are there. During the actual gameplay, every so often, it sometimes/rarely "flashes" another screen real quick.

My system is a turbo grafx 16 US system, with a standard turbostick, a standard SNES/NES RF switch, and HES-ACA-01, NEC 120 60hz psu unit.

Thank you for any help you may provide, and even if it cannot be fixed, I just would like to know if I can still run it, because it works 90% well enough to play.

nat

Re: PSU/ Video Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »
During the actual gameplay, every so often, it sometimes/rarely "flashes" another screen real quick.

You mentioned playing a lot of Yo Bro. This is a bug in Yo Bro, not a problem with your system.

araceli

Re: PSU/ Video Issues
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 03:36:04 AM »
UPDATE: I fixed both issues. Zeon helped me with the video problem. Went and bought a gold f to rca connector, and totally replaced the rf switch. Now the video looks great. The problem with the psu was with a small copper panel on the bottom where the psu end connects to the system. I cleaned it, and pushed it down to lock it in place. I also repositioned the pin more centrally. Now it works fine.