Author Topic: $100 Duo-RX.  (Read 513 times)

zborgerd

$100 Duo-RX.
« on: May 02, 2005, 06:32:27 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=187&item=8189502804&rd=1

I'm really tempted, because I've been wanting one of these, but 've already spent a few hundred bucks over the last few weeks on PCE stuff.  Can't vouch for the seller or the quality of the item though. I just figured that someone here might be interested in this. $100 USD doesn't seem like a bad price for one of these things.

xolik

$100 Duo-RX.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 07:55:48 AM »
Nice, but $35 for shipping seems kind of steep.
Not all who launder are washed.

zborgerd

$100 Duo-RX.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 08:24:28 AM »
Quote from: "xolik"
Nice, but $35 for shipping seems kind of steep.

I thought so as well.  It's probably one of the only reasons I didn't jump on it.

dj898

$100 Duo-RX.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 02:04:59 PM »
although depends on the location but shipping something as large and heavy as Duo-RX isn't cheap by any mean...

you wouldn't want your Duo-RX shipped inside the thin paper envelope via economy air - bumping and knocked out along the way... - would you now? :D

when you pack it properly with bubble wrapping an thick cardboard box and peanuts to fill in the gap you will end up with sizable weight...

I don't know why people think just because it's dame ass cheap in US the shipping should be cheap any where else... o_O
if you are in US count yourself lucky as most of countries charge arm and leg for sending a rather heavy/bulky items...

I sold SegaDirect Space Channel 5 Part 2 collectors box set via EMS and the shipping cost alone was more than half of the BIN. plus factor in the handling charges - I had to buy box, and other packing materials...
at the end of the day I lost about $5 on shipping/handling charges as I undercharged the buyer... :(

YMMV

Michael Helgeson

$100 Duo-RX.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 02:50:49 PM »
Funny you posted about this auction.On the day it ended,I also purchased a Duo-Rx from the same seller on another auction,with the exact same details..Kinda makes me wonder......Well,the sellers feedback is top notch,so Im sure he/she is very trustworthy,If not Ill post here about it all.Actually either way I will let you all know.

zborgerd

$100 Duo-RX.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 04:21:35 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Helgeson"
Funny you posted about this auction.On the day it ended,I also purchased a Duo-Rx from the same seller on another auction,with the exact same details..Kinda makes me wonder......Well,the sellers feedback is top notch,so Im sure he/she is very trustworthy,If not Ill post here about it all.Actually either way I will let you all know.

Yeah.  Let me know how it goes.  I see a lot of cool things from that seller all the time.  The feeback is good, but I'm a bit wary of buying from Hong Kong (there are a lot of illegit reproduction items and bootleg games from HK).    Thanks!

Michael Helgeson

$100 Duo-RX.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 05:48:43 AM »
Thi sseller is not someone to send money to.My echeck cleared today,and when it did he emailed me this message:
I will do refund within 48 hours because

(1) I just found the product I have is Duo R, not Duo RX

(2) I found the input device (card reader) was dead.

This was all he sent,no appoloigies,or anything.I sent this in response:

If the echeck cleared today,you should have the full amount,and be able to refund me now,not in 48 hours.I will file with paypal to get the refund if this is a problem.You should know what you are selling ahead of time.Hopefully you will understand my cause for being upset,and issue my refund now,so that I can put the money back into my bank account.
Thank you.
He hasnt responded back yet.Im going to file with paypal for a refund.

zborgerd

$100 Duo-RX.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 06:08:42 AM »
Yikes.  Sorry to hear about this.  I'ts disappointing that things worked out this way.  Please let us know how the refund goes.

Michael Helgeson

$100 Duo-RX.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 06:24:27 PM »
Im still waiting for my refund incase anyone is wondering,he hasnt even responded to paypal yet.Also,on a side note,the seller listed a Duo-R up for sale,and Im wondering if its the same one he emailed me saying was broke.You all should beware of this guy,his actions seem shadey as of late.

Michael Helgeson

$100 Duo-RX.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 05:21:30 PM »
Funny the guy listed a duo-r for sale after telling me that was all he had,and that the duo-r was broken....Anyway after pointing out all the problems with this guy to paypal,they forced a refund.He wouldnt reply back to them,or me.BEWARE!!!!This guy has really cheap prices,but that is not worth the risk,espically if paying by anything but paypal.Even then,he lies,has poor comunication skills,takes your money,and tries not to give it back.Hes evil,very evil,avoid him at all cost.

zborgerd

$100 Duo-RX.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 05:29:43 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Helgeson"
Funny the guy listed a duo-r for sale after telling me that was all he had,and that the duo-r was broken....Anyway after pointing out all the problems with this guy to paypal,they forced a refund.He wouldnt reply back to them,or me.BEWARE!!!!This guy has really cheap prices,but that is not worth the risk,espically if paying by anything but paypal.Even then,he lies,has poor comunication skills,takes your money,and tries not to give it back.Hes evil,very evil,avoid him at all cost.

Yikes!  So, I take it that you got a refund then?

nodtveidt

$100 Duo-RX.
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 07:26:21 PM »
Lesson of the day: if it's too good to be true...it is. :D

You have to be careful on ebay anyways...the number of sellers who don't know their product seems to now be far more common than the sellers who know what they're dealing with. My wife was recently sold counterfeit Yu-Gi-Oh cards (she's a collector) and the seller was adamant in refusing to refund her money. The auction description was ambiguous and the seller had very poor communication skills. She was never refunded but did end up reporting the seller to Upper Deck on a counterfeit claim...haven't seen the seller on ebay since. So at least the moron won't be scamming anyone else. Sometimes that's all you can really do...get them ousted. :(