Author Topic: NEC PC-8801FE for sale! :D  (Read 224 times)

kozo

NEC PC-8801FE for sale! :D
« on: March 02, 2009, 01:11:09 PM »

NEC PC-8801FE
Home of Falcom's finest games, and hundreds of milestones from other great dev houses like Konami, Square, Hudson, GameArts, Reno, Telnet, Wolfteam, T&E and many more.

The FE is unique in that it conatins a standard RCA video/audio out plug. Most PC88s only have dedicated ports for PC88 monitors, but the FE was designed to be used with a TV. That makes it VERY easy to play compared to almost every other PC88 system out there. Admittedly, the quality is much better with the RGB cables into a compatible monitor, but the RCA gets the job done well.

Other features include a built in speaker with volume and a more grayish white color instead of the more beige color of the older units.

Condition is excellent, for its age. It works perfectly and plays nearly every game I have thrown at it (Silpheed won't run, but I think it's a bum diskette package).

There is no serious wear or tear. There is a small amount of yellowing, especially on the power button, but it's very minor and overall very gorgeous. The top of the system is metal, and has a little scuff from the monitor that was set on top of it over the years. Overall though, it's amazing considering how far it's traveled and its age. Includes power cord and near mint keyboard that is a joy to type on thanks to its mechanical ALPS key switches!

Asking price is $250 plus shipping, but I will accept offers. Shipping will be VERY affordable for US folks compared to Yahoo Japan. I will ship outside of the US, but you better be prepared for insane shipping costs - this thing is almost pure metal. I am considering adding some games into the bundle.

More details to follow tonight!