Author Topic: ****neoflash pce engine flash cart issues in Vista*********  (Read 738 times)

stevenhill321

****neoflash pce engine flash cart issues in Vista*********
« on: March 24, 2009, 02:35:43 AM »
OK who on Gods earth has managed to get this to work in Vista. I know it should work but everytime I try and load the drivers it says "drivers not intended for this platform" its driving me completely nuts. I am still collecting my games of course but its nice to have a flash cart that works as well. I have read somewhere that it may be something to do with a bad apati.sys file in windows or something like that. Vista wont let your f*rt without requesting permission so I cant delete it either which was the remedy on this particular site.

ARRRRRRGGGHHHH  seriously there is no support for this at all from neoflash or Dr neo, I think he died or something.

PS dont buy this from shop2005 or whatever they are called. They are rubbish. You have been warned.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:54:03 AM by stevenhill321 »

Spector

Re: ****neoflash pce engine flash cart issues in Vista*********
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:07:40 AM »
But I think you can get it to work on vista, and there was a thread here explaining how to do it. I'll look for it later if someone else doesn't find it first.
You've got to feel the thrill... of disgust!
The beauty... of obscenity!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 05:04:50 AM »
But I think you can get it to work on vista, and there was a thread here explaining how to do it. I'll look for it later if someone else doesn't find it first.

First!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

stevenhill321

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:01:45 AM »
yeah I have read that posting but its rubbish, it doesnt tell me anything that I dont already know.

Spector

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:20:12 AM »
In that case, you look seriously f*cked.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »
VM Ware + Win 98 = <3 ???
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 10:03:15 AM »
yeah I have read that posting but its rubbish, it doesnt tell me anything that I dont already know.

Are you using a 64 bit version of Vista?  If so, don't waste your time; the drivers are 32 bit only.

nat

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 05:46:06 PM »
The NeoFlash package as a whole is a joke. The package assumes you are an IT graduate with an IQ of 452. And yeah, expect zero help from the team.

All that said, once you get it working, the NeoFlash cart itself is a f*cking dream. But the driver bundle, from the media it's contained on, right through to the installation "process" is a complete farce. When I got mine, not only would my computer not read the mini "CD," but the reflective material on it flaked off in my hand the moment I took it out of the package. The data side looked like it had been field tested in an actual field. I would have laughed hysterically if I hadn't spent $75 or $80 or whatever it was on the stupid thing.

Good luck.

stevenhill321

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 02:43:45 AM »
Hey Nat, Yeah I wouldnt have bothered if I had known how poor the sales team and the product installation was. Stephen Hawkins would have a job getting it installed (once he had worked out Vista that is!) I am sure it is great if you can get it working but in all honesty I have wasted my money here. Shop2005 are absolutely hopeless. Fist of all they sent me 2 NDS carts instead of the PCE card and told me to return the to some guy in Italy called Mattio, So I did! I foolishly bought another pce flash cart as I knew this whole process would be a pain in the ass, and it has been. Fortunately the 2nd PCE card turned up but guess what.......I cant get it to work!

Anyway it turns out that this Mattio dude is a chuffing customer who wanted the NDS carts and they should have gone to him in the first place.. Erm... yeah I will sort you problem out shop2005 while you do f**ck all about my problem, seriously shameful service. What with this and having to deal with Vista I will never get this thing working.

Anyone who is listening and has vista or XP and is thinking about buying one of these from shop2005 or whatever they are called......DONT! you can only buy it from them anyway.  Save you money and just buy the sodding HU cards. Its easier, trust me!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 03:51:15 AM »
Anyone who is listening and has vista or XP and is thinking about buying one of these from shop2005 or whatever they are called......DONT! you can only buy it from them anyway.  Save you money and just buy the sodding HU cards. Its easier, trust me!

Or don't use Vista; it's not that hard to get it working in XP.  Hell, I managed to figure it out and my IQ is closer to 4+5+2, so it can't be that hard.

Spector

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 06:25:07 AM »
I got it working in XP after trying for ten hours. But you know what the problem was? Not XP, not the card or the reader. Nope, it was me. I hadn't pushed the flash card fully into the slot reader!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 06:35:07 AM »
If there was a significant chance of it working in XP I'd say it was worth making an XP partition just for this crappy software.

stevenhill321

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 09:01:10 AM »
Listen people I have had many flsh carts GBA, NDS, original gameboy, so I am have plenty of experience in getting these things to work, Vista at the end of the day is only an add on for XP in all reality. The problem that I am having is when I try and load the drivers it says 'drivers not intended for this platform,. Now I am aware that Vista home is as far as I know 32 bit as is XP, so the bloody thing should work right?

I have checked on a web site about this message that keeps coming up and it may have something to do with Vista rather than a dodgy flash cart. It states that Vista may be experiencing a bad 'Adapti.sys' file in windows within the drivers folder. It states that you can try deleting it but when I tried Vista was not having any of it. Can anyone tell me what colour you slimloader IV shows before you get it working. My just shows a red light. Now if the cart wasnt working I am assuming that it would not light up at all.

Anyway, I am determined to get this sorted one way or another.  :cry:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 10:05:01 AM »
Vista at the end of the day is only an add on for XP in all reality.

No, it most certainly is not.  They're both built from the NT kernel, as was Windows 2000, Home Server, Server 2003, and Server 2008.  Long story short, XP drivers won't work in Vista any better than 2000 drivers worked in XP.

The problem that I am having is when I try and load the drivers it says 'drivers not intended for this platform,. Now I am aware that Vista home is as far as I know 32 bit as is XP, so the bloody thing should work right?

Again, no.  XP was actually available in two separate 64 bit versions (64-bit Edition and x64), and all versions of Vista support both 32 bit and 64 bit architectures (excepting Vista Starter, which isn't available here anyway).

I have checked on a web site about this message that keeps coming up and it may have something to do with Vista rather than a dodgy flash cart. It states that Vista may be experiencing a bad 'Adapti.sys' file in windows within the drivers folder. It states that you can try deleting it but when I tried Vista was not having any of it.

I don't know what adapti.sys is for - are you sure it wasn't atapi.sys?  Either way, log in with an administrator account and jump through the User Account Control hoops to make system changes.

Can anyone tell me what colour you slimloader IV shows before you get it working. My just shows a red light. Now if the cart wasnt working I am assuming that it would not light up at all.

I'm not at home, so I can't check.  If memory serves it turns green, but maybe that's only when it's writing something..... I'll check it out tonight.  :-k

Spector

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 11:45:46 AM »
I'm not at home, so I can't check.  If memory serves it turns green, but maybe that's only when it's writing something..... I'll check it out tonight.  :-k

Yeah the mofo turns green when writing and even flickers a little IIRC to add excitement to the proceedings. Hearing all these horror stories makes me realise I got lucky with Dr Neo. I thought he was alright, but with the fail rate of the 128Mbs in particular, he must be Superjerk: he needs owned.