Author Topic: ****MICROBYTE****************  (Read 217 times)

stevenhill321

****MICROBYTE****************
« on: March 27, 2009, 02:40:56 AM »
Hi did anyone ever work at the Manchester Microbyte in the early to mid 90's or shopped there? would love to hear from you. Best job I ever had. Playing pc engine and super famicom instead of doing real work. Boy were those great days...!

What consoles and games did you buy off us?

Ravij

Re: ****MICROBYTE****************
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 03:31:19 AM »
Yeah - I think I shopped there a few times - that was the shop in the Arndale centre?

I think I got more Megadrive stuff from there. Most of my PC Engine stuff came from the shop in the Corn Exchange.

stevenhill321

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 04:52:07 AM »
you mean at Ringo and Eddies little shop in the corn exchange, Yeah I spent many a day in there watching Ringo with his laptop pirating like there was no tomorrow. He was a good bloke was Ringo and so was Eddie, two Chinese fellas. Eddie worked in a chip shop in the evening. Great days, it was more like a hanging out joint than anything but it was great. I remember getting my super grafx from there from another customer who used to come in. we were always trading this and that, can remember his name now but he was a Chinese lad who kept getting things from Hong Kong and then flogging them to us. Not that we were complaining like.

esteban

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 05:02:17 AM »
Back in the early 90's, I used to sell loose HuCards in Dagenham.

I had a push cart.
  |    |