Author Topic: 3D TV  (Read 244 times)

SuperDeadite

3D TV
« on: April 17, 2009, 02:06:26 AM »
So I recently picked up a new cellphone, the Hitachi Wooo H001.  The world's first consumer level cellphone with a true 3D display.  No glasses required, just press a button to switch between 3D and 2D viewing.  I'm quite impressed with it, reminds me of the JAWS scene from Back to the Future Part 2. Cool stuff.  :clap:

http://www.au.kddi.com/english/product/lineup/h001/index.html
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Re: 3D TV
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 02:21:43 AM »
So I recently picked up a new cellphone, the Hitachi Wooo H001.  The world's first consumer level cellphone with a true 3D display.  No glasses required, just press a button to switch between 3D and 2D viewing.  I'm quite impressed with it, reminds me of the JAWS scene from Back to the Future Part 2. Cool stuff.  :clap:

http://www.au.kddi.com/english/product/lineup/h001/index.html

Ha! At first I thought you said it reminded you of the 3D Jaws film!

Your phone has a 5 megapixel camera? Dear lord, my camera is 5 mega... the camera on my ancient phone, though, is only 5 pixels.

|    | 

Dark Fact

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 01:30:47 PM »
That's one sexy camera! :shock: And it's got an even more awesome name to it! :mrgreen:

The Hitachi Wooo! Lookit me, I'm Ric Flair! :mrgreen:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

guyjin

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 02:02:22 PM »

Your phone has a 5 megapixel camera? Dear lord, my camera is 5 mega... the camera on my ancient phone, though, is only 5 pixels.

so what's the aspect ratio on those photos?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

SuperDeadite

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 02:24:40 AM »
The camera has a variety of different camera modes.  But the point of this topic was true 3D LCD screens.  Actual 3D TV with no glasses.  My phone just happens to have one of the first consumer level 3D-LCDs out there.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

ceti alpha

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 02:59:58 AM »
That phone is sexy! I love the LCD display. LCD rulez.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 04:04:27 AM »
checked it out in the store the other day. indeed it is 3D, but more kind of the 3D which gives you a headache. you have to watch really straight into the screen, from a certain distance to enjoy the effect the best. but it isn't that joyful, as well it decimates the screen-resolution.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Dark Fact

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 03:46:12 PM »
Would be kind of odd to use that TV phone while wearing those goofy 3D glasses. :P

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!