Author Topic: lazy programmers  (Read 846 times)

starbuck

lazy programmers
« on: July 30, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
Last friday, I received, at long last, my pc-fx console with a bunch of games. I have to say, the anime on this system is some of the best I have ever seen, technically speaking. I nearly wet my pants when I saw battle heat's impressive opening.

But there is one problem with this system:the games themselves.  Take sparkling feather ( which I own ) for example. The opening is great. But the game is unplayable, and horrible looking, my god!, what is that ! This game was made in 1997 ! By Nec ! The same bunch o' guys that brought us black matrix one year later. I cannot believe this. The pc-fx is plagued by poorly programmed games. Blue breaker ( I had high hopes for this game ) : same thing. I will not go on because the list is too long.

Lazy programming killed the pc-fx!!!

Pcenginefx

Re: lazy programmers
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2001, 12:37:00 AM »
Well, that's defiantly one way to look at it   In my view, it wasn't about lazy programmers...they indeed made a lot of quality games for the system, but they were the *wrong* kind of games.  Though the Japanese market welcomes simulation games, the system should have had games like Lords of Thunder or Bomberman...action games!  But it wasn't meant to be unfortunately. Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com