Author Topic: What PCE games would you like to see translated?  (Read 4048 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: What PCE games would you like to see translated?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 08:56:27 AM »
This is going to be awesome...

To the nth degree.  I can't frickin' wait!  :)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

fragmare

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 04:06:45 PM »
How about Street Fighter II' Champion Edition?   :P

lol
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:31:05 PM by fragmare »

Mathius

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 04:55:22 PM »
Legend of Xanadu I. God, that game is giving me a headache ](*,) And I am using the walkthrough that is linked to this site!!
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Arjak

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 07:36:05 AM »
How about Street Fighter II' Champion Edition?   :P

lol

ROFL!
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 01:25:21 PM »
Does FS ][ Champion edition include helmets?
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 08:49:50 AM »
Gulliver Boy and any Far East of Eden would be the shit!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 12:34:06 PM »

far east of eden is being translated!
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

blueraven

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 06:40:13 AM »
 :shock: That is Excellent!

[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »
:shock: That is Excellent!

Ziria to be specific :)

EsperKnight

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 02:45:28 AM »
Thanks Tom!

To answer questions about Ziria, so far the intro's been translated (and in the process of being inserted), as well as up to (and including) the first cave you come to.  I've inserted up to the town right now.  I'm not sure of how long before a release but once the font gets inserted (the screenshots below are using a custom syscard3 rom as I was being lazy in setting up the font ingame ;)  ), progress will be much faster on getting the blocks extracted and inserted.

Also, for the versions we'll be doing, it'll be both the SCD and CD versions (I'm working with Dave Shadoff on the CD version).  Luckily the differences between the two seem to be mostly compression (LZSS if anyones curious).  The positions of the blocks appear to be the same so there shouldn't be any slowdown on doing both (I'm primarily working on the SCD one though as that's what I started with, figures I'd had to pick the harder one first :D )

fragmare

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »
Touching on SF2:CE thing again.  It wasn't completely a joke.  Tomaitheous and I have been tinkering with the PCE version of SF2:CE off and on for the past year or so.  While translating the endings, win phrases, and switching the boss names to their US names is on the agenda I have taken the liberty of also touching up a few of the stages i felt could use some work.  I was never really happy with the way the Ryu, Guile, and Vega/M.Bison stages looked on the PCE version as well as a couple others.  Oh yea, the title screen will indeed be changed to 'Fighting Street II' Champion Edition'.  Had to do it  ;)  Here are some shots of the newer touched up stages next to the original PCE stages.  original ones are on the left, touched up screens are on the right...

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:46:09 PM by fragmare »

Black Tiger

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 03:57:13 PM »
Wow, I've seen the full Guile stage and an early version of the Ryu stage, but these are still shockingly amazing! :clap:

The graphic quality is so strong all round that I don't think that even Genesis or SNES fanboys would argue that it doesn't look much nicer overall even without all the layered bgs.

I'm also glad that this new version is going by Fighting Street II'. It makes it stand out as something original and Turbo/PCE all the more.

If you guys manage to complete the upgraded rom, I hope that you'll also improve the palettes for sprites like alternate Dhalsim & alternate Vega and touch up the few imperfections (like alternate Saggat's shorts).

SFIICE is still my favorite SF game, so this is as big a deal for me as a port of another version SF. :D
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

fragmare

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 04:18:30 PM »
If you guys manage to complete the upgraded rom, I hope that you'll also improve the palettes for sprites like alternate Dhalsim & alternate Vega and touch up the few imperfections (like alternate Saggat's shorts).

Oh?  Please elaborate on these sprite/color issues.  I'd be happy to do some tweaking anywhere it's necessary.

esteban

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »
This thread is full of goodness. Good luck to everyone working on these projects.

Touching on SF2:CE thing again.  It wasn't completely a joke.  Tomaitheous and I have been tinkering with the PCE version of SF2:CE off and on for the past year or so.  While translating the endings, win phrases, and switching the boss names to their US names is on the agenda I have taken the liberty of also touching up a few of the stages i felt could use some work.  I was never really happy with the way the Ryu, Guile, and Vega/M.Bison stages looked on the PCE version as well as a couple others.  Oh yea, the title screen will indeed be changed to 'Fighting Street II' Champion Edition'.  Had to do it  ;)  Here are some shots of the newer touched up stages next to the original PCE stages.  original ones are on the left, touched up screens are on the right...

I am so out of the loop that I actually read about this at nfgworld and thought that it was a brilliant... farce. To hear, now, that you are actually working on this is totally crazy. Crazy. Crazy. :)

I love it.
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »

Oh?  Please elaborate on these sprite/color issues.  I'd be happy to do some tweaking anywhere it's necessary.

Even though I'm happy with the sprites as they are overall, it'd still be cool to see some of them colored more like the arcade version. I'm not crazy with how some are colored, such as alternate Dhalsim and Vega (not that I want them paled-out like the SNES version).

Saggat's shorts are missing detail, but only for his alternate colors-

It looks like the shade is there, but it's too close to the other shade of red.

One other thing is that Guile's Sonic Boom sprite animates incorrectly.

It uses horizontal opposites instead of diagonal opposites for frames. The SNES and Genesis versions do it the same as the arcade-

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum