Author Topic: The coming of Neutopia 3  (Read 3057 times)

nodtveidt

The coming of Neutopia 3
« on: June 07, 2005, 05:46:04 PM »
Although this game is still very much in the planning stages, I figured I'd get a couple of minor details out of the way while Mysterious Song waits for the cutscenes and the rest of the auditions. The details: the cderror overlay and the special font routine. Status of both issues: completely conquered. :)

This is just the CD error screen for when you'd run the game on a system 2 card or less, but this shows off the nonstandard font routine I've written for this game (8x16 pixel text, like the original 2 games, the font is from the second game). No further programming work will be done on this game until Mysterious Song is released; regardless, the N3 design documents are still in the process of being rewritten.

KingDrool

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 06:00:52 AM »
Kick ass!  

Neutopias 1&2 were two of my favorite Turbo games.  I can't wait!

How are you releasing them?  Full packaging like Implode or download only?
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

xolik

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 06:13:56 AM »
Please oh please let it be full packaging! I don't mind paying a bit extra for it.  :)
Not all who launder are washed.

lord_cack

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 07:25:07 AM »
I am voting for full packaging. Heck if paying for Mysterious Song (cost, shipping, and a little extra) will help put alittle bit of money to a full out production of Neutopia III then I am all for that too.
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

Keranu

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 10:15:16 AM »
Awesome way to start a teaser! I am really glad you used the original Neutopia font too, which will give the game an excellent Neutopia feel already.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

KingDrool

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 11:04:26 AM »
I'd be willing to pay quite a bit for full packaging, personally.  Even if it's in the form of a donation.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

nodtveidt

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 12:23:53 PM »
We're gonna shoot for full packaging, but as with Mysterious Song, it may not be 100% possible. It's quite a ways off in terms of time, so perhaps by then we'll be able to have something worked out.

ElSeven

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 07:29:06 PM »
This is pretty exciting, wasnt there a teaser at the end of Neutopia II for the 3rd, which of course got canned?

Im SOOO curious now.  Is it going to stick to the zelda type gameplay?  I always felt that is this happened, as in if Neutopia 3 looked/played like zelda 3, it would have been a huge seller for the turbo.
currently playing:
PCE - Raiden
SNES - Chrono Trigger
DC - Fast Striker

PCE LP

GUTS

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 08:25:53 PM »
Ugh please no fat squatty lead character and fences you can't jump over.

lord_cack

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 08:44:44 PM »
I think if it kept the same over all look of Neutopia, just adds some more detail that would be great. Though I think going with a Zelda 3-ish look would be cool, just keep the overall Neutopia character look. Also, I would like to see towns...actual houses buildings...not holes in rock walls (I don't recalle Neutopia 2 having buildings...been awhile....nothing wrong with it...but I think actual buildings would be cool. Nothing though that would change the game from being neutopia, but I mean everything evolves....just not too fast would be good. From what I know about the game already its gonna be great no matter what really.... :D

nodtveidt

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 01:38:53 AM »
Neutopia II introduced actual towns (and quite a few of them too). The game plan here is to actually have it play a bit like Zelda 3, with details like two platform levels, additional capabilities (like jumping), and other such niceties. Of course, this is preliminary design stuff and may or may not make it into the final design, pending availability of memory and overall need. Regardless, it's still Neutopia, even with the new bells and whistles. I'm trying to put together a game that I believe Hudson would have created; it's certainly going to be evolved from the originals, as Neutopia II was a major evolution from the original Neutopia (regardless of the overlooked bugs in the gameplay). Naturally, being on SCD, expect cinemas as well. :) I'm not going for the Zelda look by any stretch of the imagination; it'll still look like Neutopia, but it'll play like Neutopia but with an injection of powerful steroids. :D

lord_cack

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 05:49:26 AM »
Quote from: "nodtveidt"
Neutopia II introduced actual towns (and quite a few of them too).

You know, I recall you telling me that in another forum once before... :lol:

KingDrool

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 06:05:24 AM »
Well, this is great news and I can't wait for it.  Again, I would be willing to pay nicely for it.  I just want to keep this sort of thing going.

Got one to sell? PM me!

D-Lite

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 08:23:35 AM »
I would wet myself for a full production of this.  Let us here know if you need any help with anything.  This is the type of stuff that keeps the community going as well as GROWing.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

nodtveidt

The coming of Neutopia 3
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 09:20:31 AM »
Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone! :D And just to fan the flames of promotion further, here's a sample of the music quality you can expect to hear in the game:
http://www.nodtveidt.net/n3-title.wav

Don't worry, it's an mpeg-compressed wav file, so it's rather small (608KB). This is the title theme to the game (as can be told from the filename, hehe). PD authorized me to release this so everyone could hear it. :)

EDIT: Oops, uploaded the wrong version. Correct one up now. :)