Author Topic: Another Dracula X thread!  (Read 1970 times)

pixeljunkie

Another Dracula X thread!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2005, 07:36:50 AM »
I am having some issues with Stage 4....slightly tough. I need to play it more. Great game!!!

Black Tiger

Re: Losing my memory...
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2005, 05:06:38 PM »
Quote from: "akamichi"
BTW, If you get stuck enter X-X!V''Q as your name.

Hehe, I haven't seen that "codename" in ages.  I could have sworn there was a trick in DracX to get above 100%.  Some kind of bug that just reported the percentage wrong.  I also vaguely remember some other trick that you can do at the drawbridge before you walk into the castle.  All I remember is you do something... then walk into the castle and instead of being inside like normal, you'd appear behind the wall (outside).  You couldn't do anything but walk around that part of the stage.  The only way out was to reset the game.

The only problem with all this is that I can't remember for the life of me if these tricks were real or I just read it somewhere or what.  I tried to look them up in some old magazines I have, but didn't find anything.  I think my mind is playing tricks on me instead.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?  It's probably all in my imagination...

That was Symphony Of The Night/Nocturne In The Moonlight for PSX.

You can fly around the outside of the Castle for  fraction or a few more %.

I don't remember if the Saturn version has the same glitch.

There are definately no tricks to get over 100% in Drac X PCE. There are a few extra paths that probably give you % before 100%, but once you hit 100 thats it.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

zborgerd

Re: Losing my memory...
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2005, 07:09:27 PM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"

That was Symphony Of The Night/Nocturne In The Moonlight for PSX.

You can fly around the outside of the Castle for  fraction or a few more %.

I don't remember if the Saturn version has the same glitch.

There are definately no tricks to get over 100% in Drac X PCE. There are a few extra paths that probably give you % before 100%, but once you hit 100 thats it.

If I'm not mistaken, the USA release of SOTN was crippled so that it was impossible to get over 100%.  I think that there was an extra ending in the Japanese release that never made it stateside...  A few extra items and familiars as well, like an extra pixie and demon (nosedevil), but it's been several years since I've played it.

Paladin

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 08:01:18 PM »
Actually you could get over 200% (100% for each castle) in SOTN I think I have a save on my memory card that has 200.6% (it only displays 200% in the browser) though I can't confirm it since I no longer have the PS verison. I'm almost positive that my game had over 200%. I believe the Saturn verison uses a 100% scale (50% for each castle) though it has been a while since I've played it since I have Dragon Force II now. The extras in the Saturn verison is why I still have it despite the slowdown in game. I can listen to the voice acting and music tracks when I want, and the extra items and areas are kinda cool, though not very large. As far as a different ending to Nocturne in the Moonlight I can't remember. I should stick it back in the Saturn and finish my luck Alucard so I can have all the items  :) . The remixes of the song Beginning in the Saturn verison are probably the best incarnations of them. As far as Dracula X I'm almost certain that Black_Tiger is right about it. I've never got over 100% on the emulator I'm playing it on and I've had it for a while.

zborgerd

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2005, 07:31:27 AM »
Quote from: "Paladin"
Actually you could get over 200% (100% for each castle) in SOTN I think I have a save on my memory card that has 200.6% (it only displays 200% in the browser) though I can't confirm it since I no longer have the PS verison. I'm almost positive that my game had over 200%. I believe the Saturn verison uses a 100% scale (50% for each castle) though it has been a while since I've played it since I have Dragon Force II now. The extras in the Saturn verison is why I still have it despite the slowdown in game. I can listen to the voice acting and music tracks when I want, and the extra items and areas are kinda cool, though not very large. As far as a different ending to Nocturne in the Moonlight I can't remember. I should stick it back in the Saturn and finish my luck Alucard so I can have all the items  :) . The remixes of the song Beginning in the Saturn verison are probably the best incarnations of them. As far as Dracula X I'm almost certain that Black_Tiger is right about it. I've never got over 100% on the emulator I'm playing it on and I've had it for a while.

Ah.  That's right.  It was 200%.  I can specifically recall only being able to get 199%.  I can't recall exactly why though.  I think that there was some area in the cathedral that you could jump into to get a small amount of map area that would put you right around 200%.  Finding everything wasn't particularly easy though.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2005, 04:19:28 AM »
I'm almost at 100%.

Stage 5' is kicking my ass.

Nomeaz1 (some of y'all should be familiar with that name right?) hooked me up with a copy for 130 bucks w/spine card, same for my King of Fighters 2001 Neo Geo AES.

I know it's not Turbo related, but what do y'all think of Super NES Dracula X compared to Rondo of Blood? I actually have Akumajo Dracula XX for my Super Famicom system and beat it the other day.

Me? The things people bash the game for doesn't bother me at all, the haters gotta realize that it's NOT a port of the Duo game.
>Moves slower than Rondo
>No Maria playability
>The music, I think the music is excellent. To me it's not about the CD quality, it's about getting it note for note. And so far, the Super NES/SFC hardware is doing a damn good job at it. Shoot, "Dance of Illusions" (Dracula final battle) is my favorite tune to listen to in Super NES sound format.

GUTS

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2005, 09:29:47 AM »
I like it on SNES too, but it's definitely not as much fun as the Duo one.  I wouldnt say it isn't a port either since most of the levels are the same if I remember right.  I definitely like the Japanese version better than the US version though because of the blood cloud that looks so cool when you get killed.  I agree it does get unfairly bashed, it's a good Castlevania game in it's own right, just not as good as the Duo version or Bloodlines.

zborgerd

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2005, 11:30:14 AM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
I'm almost at 100%.

Stage 5' is kicking my ass.

Nomeaz1 (some of y'all should be familiar with that name right?) hooked me up with a copy for 130 bucks w/spine card, same for my King of Fighters 2001 Neo Geo AES.

I know it's not Turbo related, but what do y'all think of Super NES Dracula X compared to Rondo of Blood? I actually have Akumajo Dracula XX for my Super Famicom system and beat it the other day.

Me? The things people bash the game for doesn't bother me at all, the haters gotta realize that it's NOT a port of the Duo game.
>Moves slower than Rondo
>No Maria playability
>The music, I think the music is excellent. To me it's not about the CD quality, it's about getting it note for note. And so far, the Super NES/SFC hardware is doing a damn good job at it. Shoot, "Dance of Illusions" (Dracula final battle) is my favorite tune to listen to in Super NES sound format.

It's not a port, but it certainly makes use of enough of the PC Engine graphics and music that could make it *seem* like a port (Then again, SOTN used a lot of the graphics as well but it wasn't a total ripoff).

The play control is pretty bad and some level designs are just retarded (like the final Dracula battle particularly).  Overall, it's a playable game.  Not my favorite Castlevania, but certainly better than some of the Game Boy games.

The music is quite good.  Makes excellent use of the SNES audio hardware, which in my opinion provided better synthesis than the PSX and Saturn, but I suppose that doesn't matter due to the CD storage medium.

NeoFreak

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005, 02:51:04 PM »
atleast you didnt pay 200 dollars for the same fighting game over and over again just because its a Neo Geo game...   Sorry Neo Geo fans

hhhhheeeeeeeeyyyy, come on now...$200 bucks is pocket change in neo land anyway. :D

NEC n.(en•E•shee)

Keranu

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 02:56:21 PM »
For $200, you could buy mutliple fighting games on Neo Geo MVS format :D . Why take AES over MVS unless you are a filthy, rich person, I do not know.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

NeoFreak

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 02:59:24 PM »
AES is for collectors thats all; if you just want the game, then sure pick it up on MVS...if you want it to look good on your shelf, then you go for the home carts.

NEC n.(en•E•shee)

cozzie

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 09:26:05 PM »
No way is the x68000 version of castlevania better than the pc engine version. It is good but the music and sound affects are shit.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2005, 12:03:21 PM »
I'd say it's a tie.

TR0N

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2005, 02:08:55 PM »
Nice to see fans still prase "Dracula X" still it's a shame. Konami refuse to release it as a chronicle title :P

Then every body else could experince it, then insted of us TG16/PCE fans that have love it since day one :D

Btw i don't see how the... X68000 compares to Dracula X there two different games.

Beside the X68000 Castlevania is a retake on the original one.

X68000 Castlevania>NES Castlevania.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NeoFreak

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2005, 02:55:58 PM »
Nice to see fans still prase "Dracula X" still it's a shame. Konami refuse to release it as a chronicle title  

Then every body else could experince it, then insted of us TG16/PCE fans that have love it since day one

I have trouble stomaching ports, and re-releases. It's not that I'm a really selfish person, I just think some games should be left alone, and maybe if people really want to play them, they can pay out their ass for an original, and maybe even find something else they love on that particular platform.

I know I was pissed as hell after I forked over the cash for my Mark of the Wolves AES, only for it to be released eventually on the Dreamcast  in Japan. Of course I was pleased to find that it played somewhat stiff, and it had serious sound issues when I imported it. :twisted:  Sure I put a shit load down on that game, and I would never take it back; even though I have games that are more rare or more valuable, it probably means the most to me out of my collection. I would never part with it.

Not trying to be a dick, what are your opinions?

NEC n.(en•E•shee)