Author Topic: Bonk collection  (Read 781 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Bonk collection
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 04:18:08 AM »
Are there only 3 bonks in the US atleast?

Nope.  There's the arcade version of Bonk's Adventure (an entirely different game than the Turbo title), Super Bonk on the SNES, Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge on the Game Boy (also new games and not ports of the TG-16 titles), and Bonk's Return is available for mobile phones.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

guyjin

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 07:48:40 AM »

Nope.  There's the arcade version of Bonk's Adventure (an entirely different game than the Turbo title), Super Bonk on the SNES, Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge on the Game Boy (also new games and not ports of the TG-16 titles), and Bonk's Return is available for mobile phones.

you forgot the NES version, but that is a port.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 08:27:10 AM »
you forgot the NES version, but that is a port.

That's why I skipped it, as well as the three Super CD releases and the Virtual Console versions.  :wink:

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 05:38:46 PM »
Actually, I wouldn't say totally that Bonk 1 for NES is a port, the levels are kinda jumbled up, so, it's sssssslightly like playing a new game........slightly :D  Also, in Japan there is ofcoarse, Super Bonk 2, & GB Genjin Viva la Chikkun which is some kind of mini games game.  It would be the last game I'd try to port to the Turbo. :|

BonkThis

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 02:37:40 AM »

I didnt know there was an arcade version, ill have to check it on mame but I was just concerned with the Turbo titles not other consoles. Sorry I wasnt clear.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 03:14:07 AM »
I didnt know there was an arcade version, ill have to check it on mame but I was just concerned with the Turbo titles not other consoles. Sorry I wasnt clear.

In that case, there's just the three distinct Bonk games, regardless of region.  In fact, the US actually had more Turbo/PCE Bonks, as the Super CD version of Bonk's Big Adventure was US only.  It also happens to be my favorite one of the bunch, so suck it Japan!

BonkThis

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 07:13:56 AM »

In that case, there's just the three distinct Bonk games, regardless of region.  In fact, the US actually had more Turbo/PCE Bonks, as the Super CD version of Bonk's Big Adventure was US only.  It also happens to be my favorite one of the bunch, so suck it Japan!

BBA same as Bonk 3?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 08:17:38 AM »
BBA same as Bonk 3?

Yup.  The HuCard's full name is Bonk 3 Bonk's Big Adventure and the Super CD version's is Bonk 3 CD Bonk's Big Adventure.  Alternatively, you could substitute 'III' for '3', as the title screen uses a Roman numeral, whereas the box and manual use a Arabic numeral.