Author Topic: Bonk collection  (Read 780 times)

1Upped

Bonk collection
« on: July 31, 2009, 05:46:18 PM »
I'll try this one more time....thanks to Aaron, I finally got my Bonk 3 to re-unite Bonk with the first two....I have been looking for a sealed copy for about 7 years now....and finally found one!  I sold my other Bonk 3 sealed a long time ago and figured I'd just pick up another copy...never happened...never even saw one again....just though I'd share with the greatest gaming fans around.

1upped

go Bonk!!! 

esteban

Re: Bonk collection
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 06:29:32 PM »
I am willing to purchase Bonk 3 from you.

Now.

Contact me ASAP.

:)
  |    | 

omotai

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 12:43:39 AM »
Congratulations on completing your set. I love the Bonk games, but I'm still looking for the first PC Genjin (which seems to be the hardest to find of the Japanese versions) and 3 (which isn't hard to find, but can be hard to find for a decent price).

shubibiman

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 12:48:33 AM »
The first PC Genjin is not that hard to find. Actually, it's far from being rare.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

omotai

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 12:00:21 PM »
The first PC Genjin is not that hard to find. Actually, it's far from being rare.

Well, I've had lots of trouble finding it. Do you know where I can find a copy of it (besides flying to Japan)?

Tatsujin

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 01:46:23 PM »
order in rareness of teh japanese pc genjin also in terms of costs (in japan):

1. PC Genjin 3 Taikenban (approx. $300~400)
2. PC Genjin 3 (approx. $35)
3. PC Genjin 2 (approx. $20)
4. PC Genjin 1 (approx. $15)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 07:55:17 PM »
Speaking of Bonk, I'm currently(when I have time) working on a redbook soundtrack for Super Bonk, for when/if it gets converted to the Turbo.  I'm trying to make it sound more like the first 2 Bonk's, in regards to the basslines & rhythm, where Bonk 3, Super Bonk, etc. all deviated for the most part, from the original formula.  I "think" I have found the right sounds for this project, & plan on completing it, even if the game never gets converted.  Same goes for the first 2 GB Bonks, Super Bonk 2, & the arcade Bonk, & possibly the 3rd GB Bonk, though, it's more of a minigame collection unfortunately.

Tatsujin

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 08:11:50 PM »
who will convert it to the turbo? :shock:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 01:49:46 PM »
A programmer that is also a big Bonk/PC Genjin fan :D  I won't say his name, since, he hasn't had time to even begin to start on it, for all I know, we won't end up being able to do it, but, we'll see.  I want to bring all Bonk games to the Turbo, that's one of my goals 8)

esteban

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 02:14:10 PM »
Speaking of Bonk, I'm currently(when I have time) working on a redbook soundtrack for Super Bonk, for when/if it gets converted to the Turbo.  I'm trying to make it sound more like the first 2 Bonk's, in regards to the basslines & rhythm, where Bonk 3, Super Bonk, etc. all deviated for the most part, from the original formula.  I "think" I have found the right sounds for this project, & plan on completing it, even if the game never gets converted.  Same goes for the first 2 GB Bonks, Super Bonk 2, & the arcade Bonk, & possibly the 3rd GB Bonk, though, it's more of a minigame collection unfortunately.

That is a fantastic music project you're workin' on the side, there.  :)

|    | 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »
A programmer that is also a big Bonk/PC Genjin fan :D  I won't say his name, since, he hasn't had time to even begin to start on it, for all I know, we won't end up being able to do it, but, we'll see.  I want to bring all Bonk games to the Turbo, that's one of my goals 8)

sounds like a job for TOM!

lol.

So the sound track goes less retarded cartoon music, and back to the like mambo surfer dinosaur music?
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 07:48:14 PM »
Naw, it ain't Tom.  While he is working on ripping apart Bonk 1 so people can have the source code, I couldn't get Tom hyped about porting Bonk games.  And yeah, more mambo-ish, lot's of congo's(though, the game is in a more modern/futuristic setting), less boring cartoon music(frankly, I don't mind some cartoon music in a Bonk game, but, Super Bonk's music tends to get boring really fast).

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 10:43:52 PM »
(frankly, I don't mind some cartoon music in a Bonk game, but, Super Bonk's music tends to get boring really fast).

I hate the music that plays in the house, with the lights on.  and the cave music

I love the music in outerspace
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 07:41:52 PM »
I've worked a little on the cave music, trying to make it sound more like the cave music of Bonk 2, the music in the house will deffinitly have a change up of rhythm for one thing, some instruments will change as well.  The space music is awesome, as is the music that's played when you have to get the basketball's in the hoops!

BonkThis

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 03:22:19 AM »
Are there only 3 bonks in the US atleast? I know total noob question.